pc cases

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political Access
ok well I'm about to build a new comp and I know nothing about cases. I figured this out with a few mistakes in the past but I can't find any good information on the topic...here is what I want...
1. Simple case that looks a little like this enermax
2. Also I don't want anything fancy like a window or led lights
3. I plan on taking the psu out to put in a very good one that can handle the new 480 watt requirement of the new Nvidia 6800 Ultra
4. No Beige! (unless its No Biege!)

also if you feel up to it submit some psu recommendations

somebodty's got to have something to say!

if you already have the parts, the case is totally up to you. but if you are looking for stuff try http://jncs.com/ as well as the usual suspects Tiger direct and newegg

what the problem is I don't know what brands to go for and what brands to stay away from

you are basically going to be looking for an ATX case... there are a few cases out there that are extra large towers design fr the sole purpose of complying with the BTX standard that should become prevalent from near the end of the year onwards...

the general idea is to get something that suits your needs, you can either get a SFF shuttle case type thing or, my personal preference, get a massive server style case..

the reason I like server cases is SIZE, they are massive and they have rather decent air flow inside... the more space you have the easier it is for you to be working around on the inside of the device...

keep in mind the airflow design of the case... certain cases like Lian Li and Antec take special care to make sure there is good airflow over the hdd's and what not... take a look @ some of the larger cases and you will be fine :)

thanks guys...exactly what I needed

one more question...Ahanix...anyone ever heard of them?

The case you choose really depends on your needs and requirements. Do you need lots of drive bays for expandability? Do you want/need a case that can be modified? Answer these question and that will tell you what type of case you need. Most cases are great for the basic PC user/builder.

Read this article and that might help you pick a case. http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/20020521/index.html

ok I don't need to have expandibility I like to only have one optical drive ( maybe two but that's pushing it. also I only need to have 2 hdd's installed. One agp or pcie16x when it comes available and a few reg pci or pcie slots. I've researched sff cases but they are two risky if I want to get the next gen vcards since they require a ton of power and so far looking I think i'm going to buy this case but never really heard of the brand and read only one review from anandtech...http://anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=2011

just like to hear what the ideas of this brand and or case are

Attachments

• 11-129-145-04.jpg
    11-129-145-04.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 11-129-145-05.jpg
    11-129-145-05.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 11-129-145-07.jpg
    11-129-145-07.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 66
Tuffgong4 said:
I think i'm going to buy this case

I like the look of that case, its steel but thats fine if you want a less expesive case, i think that one looks solid has some very nice features and having 120mm fans is a very nice touch :)

yeah the biggest reason why I think I'm getting the ahanix is the space for the 120mm case fans cause they are not as loud as the 80mm fans and move more air...also the review they have on it at anandtech was really helpful and sold me on it...

thanks for everything guys it was really helpful

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back