PC Case and Power Supply Question

Wrathchild

OSNN Senior Addict
Hey Fo,

I'm in the market for a new case. Most of the cool ones I seen come with 300 Watt power supplys. Do I really NEED more than a 300 watt based on my system specs below? Does anyone know of a really sweet black Mid-tower ATX case that they recommend for less than 150 bones? Also, I'm seeking recommendations for motherboards. I know this is an AMD shop, but I'm not ready to throw away my 2.2 GHz P4 just because it's fasionable to do so. As such, I need recommendations for a P4 board.

Many Thanks,

Wrath

cough pentium trash it cough
thats all i have to say

sry didnt mean to be a snob i just hate pentiujm with pation but yah thats a sweet motherboard i have a ak77 pr0 it only handles up to a 1.2 amd but its nice
i am gona build a godly pc soon im saving up 5000 dollars for one and im gonna pimpify it yes pimpify im spending every penny of that money on it too. oh yah i have a dream. Oh yah nice motherboard

For a motherboard for the P4 2.2, I would suggest the MSI 845 Ultra. I have been using one with a P4 2.0 and had no probs with it at all.

I have just upgraded to a P4 2.4B and had to buy a new board to run the 533FSB, so I went for the MSI 845E Max2.

Or Gigabyte is another good brand that I have used over the years.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back