PC Build PROBLEMS!!

M

Mr Dead

I am in the process of building a pc for a friend but have a hit a prob I cant suss out. Its an abit KD7 mobo, xp2000, 512mb pc2700, Leadteck TI 4200, soundblaster 4.1, 60 gig Maxtor hd, 16X DVD ROM and 48X CDR. It all went together easy enough the bios posted no probs. However when I try to install XP after a few seconds I got the blue screens of death and the message - irq not less or equal. Ive tried stripping the system to the basics and switching ram and video cards from my system but still run into the same probs. Ive tried manually assigning irq's but with no success (dont feel I should even need to do this on a new plug and play mobo). So whats the cause of all this, I got the feeling the mobo is knackered from the start, any ideas everyone?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back