PC Auto Shut Down, Virus?

blue jose

Hi all,

I have just replaced new hardisk, before that my pc start up damn slow. Old hardisk been used for more than 5 yrs anyway. Suspected it's time to change new hardisk.

I have installed original Win XP Pro SP2 & other softwares to my pc. My problem is after using few days I encounter my pc will auto shut down with no reason. I suspect I brought virus from my office to my home pc as my office server's exe files attacked by virus. But when I scan using Norton Anti Virus, there is no virus found.

My pc just shutted down few mins ago. I really keen to know why. Anyone can help??

Hi,

Thanks so much for the reply!

Just now when switched on my pc few minutes only it auto shut down again. So, guess tht it's not because of hardisk overheat as I touch hardisk is not warm at all. And, when I press the power button, pc has no response at all.

I have no choice but unplug & plug in the cable connected to power supply again & it works. Now while typing I still afraid it will auto shut down when I type half way. Sigh..headache

CPU fan is working. By the way, how to check power supply overheat or have problems? Can I add extra fan besides CPU fan?

Maybe you need to clean processor and apply a new slither of thermal grease.

happened to me on my laptop..and it was a temp. problem...bought one of those external cooling docks.and no problems at all

I have no choice but unplug & plug in the cable connected to power supply again & it works. Now while typing I still afraid it will auto shut down when I type half way. Sigh..headache

It maybe possible your new drive is drawing a little more power then your old drive and thus pushing your power supply over the edge.

The reason I quoted that specific blurb is removing the power plug is most likely reseting some sort of circuit breaker or protection circuit. I would first check your power connections for shorts, if that's fine then I would then try a better power supply. Just remember you can't judge a PSU's quality or power by wattage alone, you need to get a PSU with a good amperage ratings.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back