PC Anywhere?

Steevo

Spammer representing.
Political Access
Problem; Can't get a connection tween 2 IP addresses.

What I have; I have a TZ170 Sonicwall firewall here at this store, and a ****ty Linksys gateway-router-firewall at the other store. I have the IP addresses of both stores, and we are both using the same ISP. I have enabled port forwarding on both firewalls. And have gotten the sign off form the man to have the ISP open up the remote store's IP to accept incoming traffic.

What is going wrong.

Oh yeah, there are about 10 other people who have/are also in control of the networks:confused: .

Someone shoot me, or give me a row of shots.

I know SP2 has some networking issues, from my inability to get VPN to function.

NetRyder may have some more technical information, and is unlikely to agree with this suggestion, but have you tried the modified TCPIP.SYS? I know I have to use it for VPN to allow me to even connect to my corporate server. You should probbaly post up some more information about the configuration of the two systems, but right now I cannot think what.... someone else probably will though now I have bumped this thread for you

[EDIT] Is this actually a "PC Anywhere" question? IE is that the software you are using? Can each machine ping the other fine? Have you tried any other form of connectivity? I personally am not a fan of PC Anywhere and know there are other products out there, perhaps you might like to try some, but if that's the way you are going for whatever reason then check at their site if any issues with SP2[/EDIT]

Considering the fact that Radmin, Remote Desktop and the VNC flavors work fine for remote management even with SP2 installed, I doubt the issue has to do with the new TCPIP.sys file. I could be wrong. Best way to eliminate the possibility would be to make a backup of the current file, and try the patched version. If it still doesn't work, you would know it isn't the culprit.

To me, it sounds more like a firewall/port forwarding issue.
- Have you checked to make sure the built-in Windows Firewall is disabled, or is at least set to allow inbound access to the PCAnywhere listening server? Even though the router is correctly forwarding packets, the software firewall might be interfering.
- Can you confirm that the specific ports are, in fact, open using a port scanner? You could, for example, use ShieldsUp on www.grc.com to scan the specific PCAnywhere port to verify that it shows up as "Open" rather than "Closed" or "Stealth"

Let us know.
smile.gif

I have had PCAnywhere11 working fine between mine and my dads machine over the net.

The thing is the tech at the ISP is saying that we need a staic IP, but we have one. I think he is more lost than I am.

Steevo said:
The thing is the tech at the ISP is saying that we need a staic IP, but we have one. I think he is more lost than I am.
As I mentioned in the previous post, did you try a port scan to see if the PCAnywhere port is actually open?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back