PayPal Seller Protection Policy - Learn From my COSTLY Mistake

Would you seriously take anyone seriously who threatened to kill your whole family over something on eBay?
:)

yeah i was totally joking.... but i may have threatened him somehow, either way there are people in this world that just don't care about others.

yeah i was totally joking.... but i may have threatened him somehow, either way there are people in this world that just don't care about others.
Which is usually me...

Thanks

Sadly, when in matters of money, I am not the nice guy... :(

Simply my personality/up-bringing.

Never would i hurt an innocent person though, and if someone were in dire need i would probably give them the money.

Thanks
-Jack

So I got a response from PayPal :

Sent: Fri 2/9/2007 12:04 PM
To: Derek
Subject: Re: RE: Message from PayPal Customer Support:Business Support

Dear Derek
Thank you for contacting PayPal.
From researching your account history, I can see that your issue has
been resolved. We are continually improving our customer service to
accommodate members' needs and can be contacted via secure webform at
https://www.paypal.com/wf/f=default.
We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter, and
wish you continued success on PayPal.
Sincerely,
Shelly
PayPal Account Review Department
PayPal, an eBay Company

Try again ****tards, it hasn't been resolved!

My reply:

With all due respect, this issue has not been resolved to my satisfaction. PayPal made a decision to not give me the money because I didn't use a signature according to the Seller Protection Policy, to which I was less than $5.00 over the mark of $250.00

Due to my steller PayPal and eBay history, I had asked for an appeal in this instance because after contacting the buyer, it appears he has no desire whatsoever to make good on this and send the money. I have never had a negative experience with PayPal, and I would really hate to incur this financial loss.

Can you please review my appeal and see what you can do for me?

The beat goes on... :(

So I got a response from PayPal :

Try again ****tards, it hasn't been resolved!

My reply:

[/size][/font]

The beat goes on... :(

UGHHHH, man that is terrible...

I would call them, it took me much longer but once I was able to SPEAK to someone is when I was able to make those A-HOLES keep there promise...

Minus the shipping of course, but in the end they lost a customer, because once I recieved my credit charge back, AGAIN, MINUS the shipping,I basically told them to pack sand and I would NOT be shopping with them again...

Oh well... they got one order out of me when they could have had many...

Their loss...

Use your consumer powers to convince him...

I would not even call the guy back, I would call the POC for the card and tell them you want his information because he will be involved in small claims court litigation soon... maybe that will get his banks and HIS attention...

THEN, after you get paid (because eventually you will) I would sue Paypal if they don't rectify the situation before you have to take it to court...

but thats just me I guess....

Mike A!

I'm not sure of his bank information in regards to the bank, and I'm pretty sure PayPal wouldn't give that out.

I have called and talked to people, but that is only for stage one and the first decision. Anything to do with an appeal has e-mail only, however I may try to revisit that next week when I have a little more time.

Good points though, I'll see what I can do. Thanks :)

I got a response too.
Your paypal account has been restored.
THen thats too good to be true. So....
Im sorry, we need more information - Sent 2 hrs after the first.
Paypal has to be RETARDED........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll pretend you didn't say the first paragraph, because any threat of violence is a crime and I'm not going to stoop to his level - especially not over such little money. While it does indeed suck, there are many more important things in life. Also, I'm not going to hold my breath on this deadbeat paying, but who knows - when he gets his check in 1.5 weeks (moron), who knows.

Would you seriously take anyone seriously who threatened to kill your whole family over something on eBay?

Thanks for all the support guys, but let's be realistic - what he is doing is fraud, it is illegal, and no threats to him, his family, or his dog (made that part up) will be considered :)

I'm sure you know I was kidding, hence the ":p". Threats and yelling will get you no where in situations like this, if anything it will make it less likely that you will see a dime out of the person. Perhaps he will pay up when he gets his check, who knows. Just be persistent, call him once a week or something. Don't necessarily threaten him with legal action. Just be a pain in the ass till he pays up, its not a ton of money but its the principle and thats enough to justify 10 minutes of my time each week for a while to annoying someone who stole from me. I still give the guy the benefit of the doubt that he might pay up. If he is younger maybe he lives paycheck to paycheck like most of us, so he really doesn't have the money at the moment. Who knows, at any rate Good luck with it.

i think its the principal, you could pay a lawyer $250 to write a letter to this guy, perhaps that would shake him up.

look at this site. www.paypalsucks.com

i used paypal almost exclusively selling all sorts of electronic crap on ebay. there were some days id sell 30 items or more. I do have a legal merchant account with all the major cc's ..ect along with paypal... well did have paypal.

i noticed if you used the paypal debit/credit card you get 3% back on purchases made with it ..so id sell the stuff on ebay ..people pay with paypal *btw most big ticket items to be covered by the seller protection have to accept paypal as payment only* ... break law number 1

it is against the law to refute credit cards when there is a legally binding merchant account in play. this is the same set of laws that say you cannt charge more for someone using a cc or cash ..check ... whatever.

so ...anyway ..paypal is ful of shyt. they do not cover sellers. it doesn't matter what you do .. they will NEVER side with a seller.

anyway ... one day they decided to lock up my paypal account with over 6000usd in it from the previous 2 days of sales on ebay. thats money to be paid for products ..some of which have already been sent ..some being sent ...some not paid for yet by me.

so ..when paypal locks up ..they sent emails to everyone which has sent money to me stating my account is under investigation ... no explanation as to why .. nothing.

now ..people leave negative feedback on ebay and demand refund and file chargeback claim on paypal. paypal now begins taking money out of account as freely as they feel.

of course now all the money in the account is restricted ... even freight money. all the while people are getting pissy.

i then have to fax everything pertaining to my life you could ever imagine .. FOR NO REASON AT ALL ... there were no complaints and was a 100% powerseller square trade blahblahblah.

after all that they decided to lock my account for an indefinite amount of time. then of course the negative feedbacks started rolling in ..taking away my powerseller status and the ever valuable 100% positive feedback.
all this for no reason BTW ..did i mention that?

i eventually had to get the local states attorney involved and hired an attorney ..which litigation soon followed. there was an undisclosed confidential settlement reached with paypal/ebay admitting no wrongdoing of course.

anyone that actually believes that paypal is safe is retarded. you have no defense otherwise saying you arent. youd be better off sending someone a direct wire bankdraft or western union. at least there is a legally binding contract and papertrail which the company enforces ... hell half the agreement with paypal is illegal ... just not enough people realize it ..or the fact that the mass majority of its users are of the lower/middle income bracket with no real knowlege of laws or consumer rights.

a time of reckoning is coming for paypal ... it is. this thread isnt an isolated issue ..and again anyone poking fun at it is part of the cattle lead to death oxymoron. its just people are waking up and beginning to share their experiences on places like the website i mentioned first.

so ... ez ebaying ... go buy something ... get it ..then tell paypal it was broken or file a dispute. i promise 99.99999% of the time rather than dealing with the major cc companies chargeback premiums... they will NEVER EVER give the seller their money back.... thus not allowing peoples own merchant accounts on ebay *breaking federal law*

paypal is not a bank and is issuing debit cards and now noninsured savings accounts *more gray areas*

most of their terms of agreement are far fetched and a far stretch at best of even being somewhat legal. most of it is just total bs which the masses believe.

anyway ... use paypal at your own risk. if your buying ...use a CC ..never ever ever link your bank account numbers.

and if youre selling ...well the way ebay is set up ..if you dont accept paypal then they pretty much make you look like a fraud ... *antitrust*

dood ..you may as well figure paypal isnt doing shyt to get your money ..nor will you ever get it. you will continue to get the same amount of runaround over and over.

legally ... the freight charge is not included in their final value price. which is why EBAY cannot charge a fee on normal and expected freight/shipping and handling. usually its no more than 10% of the final selling price of the product.

so if the final seling price was under 250 ..they are giving you a line of crap .... so typical.

honestly... i cant believe i saw people in this thread actually blaming YOU ... well it musta been something YOU did. what crap. i guess thats part of the "lets blame someone else" society.

anyway im done with talking about paypal ... nothing but BS from these people.

Last edited:
totally agree train, i personally think paypal is a corrupt company, and i am amazed they have not yet been prosecuted.

Ya wanna know another NightMare?
Verisign is owned by paypal now...
I mean Come on, is there nothing i can do without Paypal...
I moved my business over to Google Checkout- Simply because Paypal Sucks.
I still haven't gotten that 700 dollars back yet...

yeah eff verisign too. you are better off getting a real merchant account from one of the top 3 processors. it might cost you 20 or 30 bucks a month to have it ..but believe me ..in the end its well worth it ...even if its because you need to call and ask someone a question .. you don't have problems finding a phone number ..and there is always someone to answer.

plus ..you get cool processing equipment ... i gots a few terminals ... and this nurit wireless thing that even reads checks and smartcards.

well .. lastly .not all of verisign is owned by paypal/ebay ..but i think the parts you and i are concerned with are.

Last edited:
Ya wanna know another NightMare?
Verisign is owned by paypal now...
I mean Come on, is there nothing i can do without Paypal...
I moved my business over to Google Checkout- Simply because Paypal Sucks.
I still haven't gotten that 700 dollars back yet...

do yourself a favor and take a couple hours and drive up to your states attorney. also fax acopy of all your stuff to your local congressman or congresswoman.

the states attorney may tell you to take it to small claims court ..but there is a chance someone else just like you has also done the same thing. if someone else also has complained he may be compelled to look further into it and file charges of some kind. if that happens you already won because paypal/ebay cannot afford anymore negative publicity.

the office of the district/state attorney is pretty sharp. they seem to remember when things like this happen because of its uniqueness. anyway ... the word gets out and every time someone like you ..or me ..or whomever reports it ...tis another notch for the next person to file and have ammo.

there is a national database for reported internet crimes / fraud / rackateering / antitrust. the government does keep statistical info on this stuff .. what demographic tends to file it ..and against what sort of company/person its filed against.

i did file against them ..and didnt exactly win ..but i didn't lose and came away with a good paycheck for my attorney... my money back and "interest" so to speak heh.

the sad thing about this is ... some people actually try to make a living on ebay using paypal... which is great ..but when they have this happen to them...they lose everything.

what do you think happens to that money they hold ..and most of the time...never give back?

they are just freaking thieves..... my wife still deals with them, but just buying and selling small nick nacks.

I will, i think im gonna take it to the Attorney General.
Its principle now, not the money.
I HATE PAYPAL

Nothing constructive to add but:

Thank GOD I realized when paypal first started up everything that has been stated in the above threads and would never sign up with them!

That crooked, illegal, unregulated scam needs to be shut down. They are posing as a bank with none of the safeguards. I don't know how they continue to operate without the Fed's seizing their operation.

Ok something helpful:
Contact the Interstate Commerce Commission with a complaint.
Contact the US Post Office Postmaster Generals Office with a complaint if you used the US Mail for any part of the transactions.

The Postoffice will be your best bet. They have zero tolerance for any impropriety and their own enforcement agency.

Now how am i supposed to become a paid subscriber to osnn?
I dont have a paypal account anymore.
And even if i can pay via Credit Card, i refuse to use paypal so....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back