Pay per click?

fantasi

My Yngy is My HoneY!
hi there, im trying to help a friend of mine who asked me this question.

"how do you put an advert, where the person gets money
eveytime a person hits on the website?"

is this something like Pay per click or something? well if it is, do you guys have any recomendations on which to folow with. Using personal experience or from word of mouth.

thx heaps.

oh it helps if its free too. thx

I've tried several of these. For me google is the least obstructive and gives the highest effective CPM rates (it's actually CPC). They also permit subdomains to display their adverts and pay cheques on time :)

https://google.com/adsense/

i use google ads as well, paid for 1 years hosting in ~3 months ;)

Henyman said:

How many clicks/hits is that worth?
Shouldn't really ask this, but you could use proxies to get extra clicks/hits, yourself?

yes you can pay yourself ;)

as long as you dont do it too often ;)

Henyman said:
yes you can pay yourself ;)

as long as you dont do it too often ;)

doesnt google have any countermeasures for this kind of ..eh...cheating?

my ads aren't listed under henyman.com ;)

can use your google add code from as many sites as you like, that way all monet from my ~10 sites goes to one account ;)

Henyman said:
Only because you use jank cheap-ass hosting. :D

Would one get away if they had a really cheap webpage... i.e. a few scribbles of text that's only to be used by the owner? :p

Henny I dont think u can stick the ad code on any site once they approve you.
I would check there TaC to be sure.

Cool.
Just wanting to make sure for your sake incase u got nailed by it ;)

As I fear going to jail and paying bills I'm interested if google reports revenue you have made from google ads to the IRS? I would hate to pay taxes on something that would just pay for a site that I make no $ from.

*edit* - found my answer here and here.

First rule of Google Adsense - Don't talk about Google Adsense.

Confidentiality. You agree not to disclose Google Confidential Information without Google's prior written consent. "Google Confidential Information" includes without limitation: (b) click-through rates or other statistics relating to Site performance in the Program provided to You by Google; and (c) any other information designated in writing by Google as "Confidential" or an equivalent designation. It does not include information that has become publicly known through no breach by You or Google.

ming said:
How many clicks/hits is that worth?
Shouldn't really ask this, but you could use proxies to get extra clicks/hits, yourself?

We can't tell you.

ming said:
Would one get away if they had a really cheap webpage... i.e. a few scribbles of text that's only to be used by the owner? :p

No, that won't work. Google has reps check the site if they are to be allowed to be included in the program.

Xie said:
As I fear going to jail and paying bills I'm interested if google reports revenue you have made from google ads to the IRS? I would hate to pay taxes on something that would just pay for a site that I make no $ from.

*edit* - found my answer here and here.

Gotta pay your taxes mate. I filled in my dads tax stuff, and i still get my check, so all is good :D.

xsivforce said:
First rule of Google Adsense - Don't talk about Google Adsense.

Indeed.

:D

hence i wont give out figures of how much i earn :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back