Pay Pal

Krux

Nissan Powered
To anyone who uses it. Can you tell me whats good and whats bad about it? is there any hidden fees or anything? I would read there agreement but some lawyer worte it and I don't understand that.

Basically, PayPal is an electronic money transferring agent. Their system works like an online bank. You can transfer money into your PayPal account. Then you can send it to whoever you wish (note that there are certain things you can not use Paypal for, such as sending someone money for personal use). When you send money to paypal, it is stored in one of the banks Ebay uses for money storage and is linked to your account via paper documents and electronic documents. All money is FDIC ensured just like a bank up to $100,000.

There are no hidden fees about Paypal. The basic account is completely free, but can not accept Credit Card Transfers (you can send them, however). The Premier account can accept Credit Card payments, but a fee of 2.2% + $0.30 is charged to the transation.

The only bad thing I have found with Paypal is that transfers take 3-5 days if you are transferring from a checking account. Other than that, I haven't had any problems with them.

www.paypalwarning.com Ive had one for a couple of years. Its good for ebay, not much else. Lots o people claim to lose their money but if you just use it for transfers your fairly safe. DONT KEEP CASH IN YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT!!! Dont know what the previous post meant about not using it for personal use? I havnt used pp for awhile but I used to send and receive money from people all the time (shady ebay dealings). Thats what pp was all about. sending money to anyone with an e-mail address. Has sumthin changed???

yeah i heard bad things aobut paypal. but i've used it and nothing bad has happened so far?

Anything that claims to be your "Pal" should be approached with extreme caution or better yet avoided completely.

I've had a PP account for a couple years. I've never had any problems with it and I usually have a balance of over $50 in it. Never lost a penny out of it. As far as sending fund for "personal" reason, I've never had a problem with it, since I always mark it as a "service payment" and make something up. The only thing I would watch out for is if someone wants to pay you via a credit card. It's very easy to get changed to a premium account that charges (as Reg said) and damn near impossible to get off of it. The only way to avoid it is to deny CC payments if you get them (which I've done).

Overall, I don't think PP is bad at all, as long as you watch out for credit card payments. I have a friend who's been trying for 2 months to get premium account turned off, with little success.

-Ryandor

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back