Votes: 12 48.0%
  • never

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • only games

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

omg its nlm

lvl 17 Hax
I was just wondering who pays for their software. With all the P2P programs, cracks and serials, oh yah and work. Just intersted in who pays for their software?

Hmm... this is kind of a shady poll. :rolleyes:

Plus it's been done to death.

Only problem with the poll is it doesn't have an option for people that get their software free for developement purposes. Nor does it have anything for the ones that get their software as a work or school thing. And a few other ways that are quite legit and for free.

So this really is a moot point.

gonaads said:
Only problem with the poll is it doesn't have an option for people that get their software free for developement purposes. Nor does it have anything for the ones that get their software as a work or school thing. And a few other ways that are quite legit and for free.

So this really is a moot point.

Yes and no. I see the question being more of a moral question. Do you pay for your software when you need to pay for it minus dev/ed/work situations. There will always be exceptions but the above exceptions you listed are not illegal use of software if you happen to follow the licensing agreements of [some] software.

or the people who use open source free alternative software, a.k.a. good software, or better software ;) :p

errrrrrm the software thar came with my laptop is paid for........all my outher progs "think" they've been paid for *cough*

I mostly use free apps, but I pay for the other stuff.

I don't pay for my software, my gf does on her credit card.

I sometimes pay in that most of the software that I use now it opensource and rarely do I come across actual commercial software performs a function a piece of opensource software cant do for me, but when I do, then I will buy it

Software from the web I have paid for recently:

Winamp5, Getright, FlashFXP, DVDRegion-Free, Recoverer2000, vBulletin3!, jIRC, Virtuanews, Norton Antivirus 2004 Pro, Zoom Player Pro, Condition Zero

Can't remember any more :)

With the software I get through school and through work, what I pay for is very minimal compared to retail sales of the software. Add in the fact that I use a lot of freeware and open-source software ... I can say that I pay close to nothing for legit software that I use personally and for work. Games are almost always the only types of software that I pay full price on.

I really think though, on this subject of software, that all software should be fully functional for 90 days, then you register/buy etc.

i sometimes find free software i find in the trash... lol j/k

I have a theory. Basically that all the companies like Macromedia, Adobe, etc, expect piracy to a certain extent. First of all, If they are charging so much $ for the software, they've gotta know that someone that just wants to check it out or learn it to see if it really does what they want it to is not gonna pay with their first born child. Another thing everyone always forgets about is that the companies do see an upside to piracy. 1) they get more people using the software and 2) they get a tax write-off for their estimated loss to piracy. Trust me, MS loves this.

Now what if ya get a used computer for free or you happen to get one that someone is going to throw out? Don't look funny at me, It has happened. People that don't know much about their computers do sometimes throw them out when they have money. I got two (2) of them this way. They're dead now though.

Anyway if you get a functioning computer in this fashion and it has a few proggies loaded on the HDD and say they still can be upgraded for free. Does the License transfer to the person that has found these computers? And does the downloading and updating of said software a legit thing? Also the OS on the computer... say it was shop built and it has the product key sticker on the chassis. Does this constitute a legit ownership of the OS on the computer to the person that has it now?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back