PatchXP, our official uxtheme.dll patcher

New to this forum, found you all here(http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/relatedsites.asp)
Also New to XP so did a search ...aaahhaa found you guys!
I downloaded the styles XP and installed it and it worked great then I did a reformat and haven't got around to installing it again since I hate installing something that only works so long. But I so
did love that "Foreverblue Theme" ( http://www.themexp.org/view_info.php?id=3037 )

I love to read forums and found this patch which for me,
Works awesome! On the first install before I installed style XP I tried one of those step by step patches ..but it didn't work for some reason so I installed Styles XP. I'm now glad I did a reformat ..I hate shere were...How the heck you spell that!?3
Sorry for the babble,but hey It worked for me! Thanks mister moderator!

Hey HomeChicken welcome to the forums. Yeah that's a kewl looking style alright. Hope you enjoy your stay here. :)

got your attention

I was trying to see if I could find this answer but to no avail. If you use the like in my original post of the theme forever blue i see a calander and a status monitor on the wallpaper+++in some of you all's desktop pictures in the thread OCT desktops I seen a few with the same idea. how is this done , I really like the one that forever blue shows. I also like the round dent icons ..how you do that with a icon editor or another style?
http://www.xp-erience.org/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=168350

Hi Homechicken and welcome to XP-erience :)

You can get dented icons and read o_87's tutorial on how to make your own here

I'm a bit new at this...I ran the patcher (guess I should have unzipped it first) and on reboot, explorer wouldn't
start -- missing uxtheme.dll. Hmmm. A bit of
diddling in bash (the shell) and I think I have things
patched. I'm no sure what the deal is with the
non-OEM thing. Maybe it doesn't apply to my
install since I upgraded to SP1 after the initial
install?

If you ran PatchXP.exe before upgrading to SP1 you will need to apply the patch again.

wow this is awsome I am going to have to try it when I get home.. I never undrstood why XP has to have adif program to change themes when all the other versions you could do it as you pleased.

Please help me as i can not get this patcher to work. I have used a slide slip xp disk to sp1 and keep getting error messages withe eithe this or the one from tgtsoft.:mad:

What do you mean, "I get errors with either this one or that one"?
If you have style xp loaded it must be removed & then the patch applied.

stlye xp not even installed. the ntfs.org one just does work and the other just creates a error

You can only use one. I had a problem a while ago with uninstalling Plus!, it refused to go. Therefore andyp's patch would not work. I had to format then apply the patch & it worked like a dream. Try getting rid of the other one you are talking about. Completely remove it, reboot, & apply andy's patch. Then let us know what happens when you click on the msstyle file.

Where can i get this patch File now, the link doesent bring me to the right place!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back