• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

PatchXP Help (SH*T!!)

lieb39

Apple lover, PC User
That doesn't look too good. I am not fimilar with patchXP, what does it do? If possible do a system restore to before you installed it.

DFX

OSNN Senior Addict
Now I know why I should have used System Restore :mad:

...should take people's advice more often. Anyway... that isnt helpfull... anyone got a solution?

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
OEM usually means you purchased your computer with the software already loaded

I'm running XP Pro with SP1 and don't have a problem with PatchXP. My XP isn't OEM

A

ace5600

That usually happens when the syle your using isn't really compatible with XP, or actually compatible with the Add/remove section.

Switch to a different theme, try the regular XP theme first, and see if it goes away, then use a theme that doesn't cause that error.

That's what I did anyway.

ace

DFX

OSNN Senior Addict
I reinstalled SP1, and the error has gone away. It must have been a problem with the theme then, because I ran the patch and it works without the theme on.

The theme I was running was: FatalE from http://www.studio-28.tk/

Ooooh, I just found this on their site.

All my Visual Styles have a problem with SP1. When you try to open up Add/Remove Programs, you'll get this error message "Value creation failed at line 472", the problem is in the shellstyle. I need to make all the shellstyle for all the themes again. If you want you can remove the shellstyle until I made the new one.
I guess Ill give themes a miss for a while then.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix