Patcher for UXTHEME.DLL

G

gmagnuson

I am trying to install the TGTsoft's patch for Style XP, and it says that is is uncompatiable with my version of windows xp (SP-1) does anyone know how to get it working or if there are any planned updates. Thanks.

have you got the latest version ??

StyleXP_1_0_1L

andyp, a super moderate here, wrote this app. Check it out Here

Great proggie :)

I have tried it 2 times and my computer has locked up bolth times

I think I got it to work, how do I install the themes through Display properties and then themes--Browse does not show them up.

I tried to install a theme and it only changes part of what it should change it does not change my windows or taskbar it will change my desktop and icon's. What now???

Apply a theme using styleXP

toothpaste or coughdrop

see if it works then

:p

Originally posted by gmagnuson
I am trying to install the TGTsoft's patch for Style XP, and it says that is is uncompatiable with my version of windows xp (SP-1) does anyone know how to get it working or if there are any planned updates. Thanks.
Originally posted by gmagnuson
I just downloaded it yesterday.

:confused:

thought you did ???

now I'm confused

You have the patch for styleXP

but no StyleXP installed

is that right ????

What I am trying to say it that I downloaded the UxTheme Util on the tgtsoft's website http://www.tgtsoft.com/download.asp and tried to get it to work then I posted this thread because it came up saying that it was not compatable with my system, Then I tried to use the XP-erience uxtheme.dll patcher http://www.xp-erience.org/comments.php?id=327&catid=2 and kept locking up my system every time I tried to use it. Some how It said I got it installed, and I tried to install a theme and it did not totaly install-it did not change my windows or taskbar it only changed my desktop wallpaper and icon's. I hope that helps. Sorry for the confusion

I have the patch but not the app, just download a theme and double click the .msstyles file. it will apply the theme that way

@ the bottom of the readme it says

"Hope this works. If it does not, you can always try the Style XP trial
for 30 days."

not very helpful is it :(

That is how I did it too. Attached is a picture of how my desktop looks.

did you put your d/l themes in

C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes ????

it had its own application that put the files where they were supposed to go.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back