Patch Tuesday - April 12, 2005

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
From the Microsoft Security Response Center Bulletin...patches for the month of April:

On 12 April 2005 the Microsoft Security Response Center is planning to release:

- 5 Microsoft Security Bulletins affecting Microsoft Windows. The greatest aggregate, maximum severity rating for these security updates is Critical. Some of these updates will require a restart.

- 1 Microsoft Security Bulletin affecting Microsoft Office. The greatest aggregate, maximum severity rating for these security updates is Critical. These updates will not require a restart.

- 1 Microsoft Security Bulletin affecting MSN Messenger. The greatest aggregate, maximum severity rating for these security updates is Critical. These updates may require a restart.

- 1 Microsoft Security Bulletin affecting Microsoft Exchange. The greatest aggregate, maximum severity rating for these security updates is Critical. These updates will not require a restart.

In addition, Microsoft will release an updated version of the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool on Windows Update and the Download Center. Note that this tool will NOT be distributed using Software Update Services (SUS).

Finally, Microsoft will release two NON-SECURITY High-Priority Updates for Windows on the Windows Update site. These will be distributed to Software Update Services and are not required to install the security updates.
UPDATE: April 12th is also the date all copies of XP with automatic updates enabled will receive Service Pack 2. The blocking tool stops working after this date.

were these included in the 100 sp3 hotfixes?

themafia.69 said:
were these included in the 100 sp3 hotfixes?
The ones that were up on that particular site?
They're unofficial and unsupported. I wouldn't bother with them, personally.

If windows XP were a person, 90% of their body would be covered in Bandaids. :p

gonaads said:
If windows XP were a person, 90% of their body would be covered in Bandaids. :p
Still, a better option than leaving the wounds open, eh? ;)

Uhhhhhhh, Whaaa???

Ooooh yeah, Off topic. heh :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back