Past Threads

heh its not quite as hard to do as you think :p

My athlon64 3500+ went through a similar process when I was tryign to remove it and its heatsink from mainframeguy's mainboard. THankfully AMD's chips are pretty resilient and its been working a charm for a year or so now :)

Not the best way to get that "oh ****!" adrenaline rush I can tell you :D

I like the rush.

Take one wire, from said 3.3v lead on PSU, add in a crimp on wire connector tee. Take short piece of wire and solder to expensive new mobo on the RAM caps input side. Hook everythign back up. Take a deep breath. Power on. Look for sparks. In the two seconds it takes pray that you didn't kill your board, RAM, CPU, card and lose all data in your RAID array as you didn't backup first. Listen for beep.

Or flash a questionable BIOS to a board, and or video card to gain a few points in 3D05 or 06.

Nothing like playing russian roulette with a couple grand of hardware and all your data.

I found this post by GoNzO hilarious:

Dear ATI,

I am so dissapointed with the video card i brought bearing your name. Recently I was dusting said card with my screwdriver, after i replaced the card in the PC and attempted to power up... I noticed this little 8 pinned chip embeded about 6mm into my wall.
I feel ATI should replace the card as the chip could have quite easily penetrated my left testical on it's wayward journey to the wall.

Also my dusting screwdriver is chipped after said accident, so another one of those wouldn't hurt either.

Admiral Michael said:
I found this post by GoNzO hilarious:

Quote:
Dear ATI,

I am so dissapointed with the video card i brought bearing your name. Recently I was dusting said card with my screwdriver, after i replaced the card in the PC and attempted to power up... I noticed this little 8 pinned chip embeded about 6mm into my wall.
I feel ATI should replace the card as the chip could have quite easily penetrated my left testical on it's wayward journey to the wall.

Also my dusting screwdriver is chipped after said accident, so another one of those wouldn't hurt either.

lol.. that's what i'm still laughing about :laugh: hehe

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back