Password Protecting..

P

paul_43

Hi all... is there a way to password protect a folder on the network with WINXP Pro? it not... is there any application will do the same thing for me?

Well yes there is a way to do in XP Pro. I've not messed with it but I will. But first how is your hard drive formated is it FAT32 or NTFS? The reason being is it makes a world of difference.

Yes it makes a world of difference. Ok now I need a little info bout the network. Ok without knowing anything bout the network u have running I was able to find something along the lines of what u want to do. Said me a pm with an email address and I'll email you the info as its too big to post here

Id running NTFS all you need to do is disable simple file sharing and then remove the accounts ( in the security properties of the folder) that you do not want to have access to this folder.

But what I want is to allow people who has the password to access it.. and I don't wanna allow specific account... anyone on anyone computer who has the password can access it..

Originally posted by paul_43
But what I want is to allow people who has the password to access it.. and I don't wanna allow specific account... anyone on anyone computer who has the password can access it..

Why not just setup an FTP server then?

... how can I set up FTP server? full details please..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back