• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Password Protecting..

P

paul_43

Hi all... is there a way to password protect a folder on the network with WINXP Pro? it not... is there any application will do the same thing for me?

chastity

Staff member
Political User
Well yes there is a way to do in XP Pro. I've not messed with it but I will. But first how is your hard drive formated is it FAT32 or NTFS? The reason being is it makes a world of difference.

chastity

Staff member
Political User
Yes it makes a world of difference. Ok now I need a little info bout the network. Ok without knowing anything bout the network u have running I was able to find something along the lines of what u want to do. Said me a pm with an email address and I'll email you the info as its too big to post here

O

open_source

Id running NTFS all you need to do is disable simple file sharing and then remove the accounts ( in the security properties of the folder) that you do not want to have access to this folder.

P

paul_43

But what I want is to allow people who has the password to access it.. and I don't wanna allow specific account... anyone on anyone computer who has the password can access it..

O

open_source

Originally posted by paul_43
But what I want is to allow people who has the password to access it.. and I don't wanna allow specific account... anyone on anyone computer who has the password can access it..
Why not just setup an FTP server then?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown