Password protecting webpages on IIS

gballard

OSNN Senior Addict
I have a small website that my group here at work uses. It houses alot of information that our group uses exclusively but there are users from other groups that sometime use stuff on the page. Is there a way I can password protect the pages I don't need them accessing?

Right click on the folder/file you want to protect and select security. Remove the IIS anonymous user from the list of users with access rights. Add the usernames of the people that you want to have access. You will have to set up these user account in computer manager before you can assing them. You may want to add them all to a special group first (such as "members" group or whatever you want to call it) then assing the group access to the folder you are protecting.

well thats just it...the anonymous user isn't even in the list of users with access to it right now..but it can still be accessed...:(

You have to change something inside Internet Information Services as well:

Open IIS and go to the properties of the site (or directory) you want to secure.

Open the directory security Tab
Click on Edit...

You have to disable Anonymous Access...

Gert-Jan

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back