Partitions and 98LitePro 4.7

03bigMark03

Hi my curren't partitons are c:\ (24.4 GB) and f:\ (3.52 GB). f is used for Backup and swap file. So all in all my hard drive adds up to 27.92 GB. Now it's been a while since I installed windows 98se but the trouble is I always get in a mess with FDISK. It's all in the mb rubbish. I sort of would like to do this.

C:\ 8 GB (for windows 98se)
D:\9.96 GB (for games, I don't have many games)
F:\ 3.52 GB (don't want this parition touched)

And the rest of the space I would like for Linux (ext 3).

As I said I get mifed at FDISK stage, I get all confused about the MB if you could work it out for me that would me great (sie, never good at maths, got a G at GCSE, found it out today). So cheers for that.

Now I just got 98LitePro 4.7. If I chose automatic install will it totaly wipe my paritions (including f) or will it just copy the cab file to C as well as the 98LitePro files. Thanks if you can confirm that, the readme is a little hard to understand.

I think thats all I need to know about. Cheers.

Bucko.

OK guys, after little chit chats on IRC i got my figures sorted but it wasn't how I wanted it to be.

Here goes.

C:\ 8.56GB
D:\3.89GB
E:\501MB
F:\3.40GB
G:\CDROM
H:\CDBurner

I'm probebly going to use F:\ and E:\ (swap) for Linux Mandrake 8.1 (commercial version) so I'm really not to bothered about it all.

I backed up F:\ to CDR (it all fit nicely) so no problems there.

I also used 98Lite. Dam thats fast, reverts it to 95 Shell (well sort of, sleek option) and I removed Internet Explorer (use Firebird now) gee it's so darn fast. Boot up times are faster than ever. Well I also got rid of a load of system junk because 98LitePro gave me loads of options in Windows Setup. It's so fast. Just got get my system all sorted now.

http://www.litepc.com

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back