Partitioning problems..

BIGMIKE1

OSNN Junior Addict
Hi peeps, question for you all to answer.
I had two 120gb drives for my local disk (c: ). I had a firewall problem, windows couldn't display firewall at all. This was down to the fact of me having three firewalls running at the same time.( i didn't know this had happen).

So i'd uninstalled sp2, hopeing that i could cure the problem by reinstalling sp2. But alas i'd failed on that part.

Anyway i got a bigger hard drive installed 500gb. The shop took the data of one of the 120gb drives & added it to the new 500gb drive, so i'm left with one 120gb & this 500gb drive.

But what he done was to partition the 500gb drive, so if you go into my computer, you will find local disk(c: ) total size 223gb about 50gb free. And also local disk(j: ) total size 242gb about 181gb free.

Today i was using a 400gb external drive to backup data before making the drives into one partition, so local disk(j: ) has now changed to k: (j: ). If i plug in this drive it shows up as local disk(k: ) total size 372gb about 204gb free.

Your man at the shop said all i had to do with take all the data which i needed copy & paste, from (c: ) to (j: ) or as it is now k: (j: ) then all i need to do was make my pc have the one partition & i should have around 620gb hard drive, & pc should be as good as new... hehe.

But the big problem i have now is, in computer management (c: ) is the system & k: (j: ) is the boot. And you can't partition the system or boot drives now can you...

The big question is HELP what can i can i do to get the system onto the boot
drive k: (j: )so i can make the partition??
Is there a way out of this.

Sorry for making this so long.

Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Mike..

Use a disk management program (Partition Magic, Disk Director, et. al) and all your problems should be solved.

(I'd suggest backing all data up first, just to make sure)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back