Partitioning a hard drive!

D

Daviesbad04

Ok so id like to partition my current hard disk. I already have another patition, its my D: drive, and the C: Drive is the main one. But i need another partition to put in some more back-up files, so since everyone on here is so smart and nows alot about computer stuff heres a question, whats a good program to partition a hard drive?, trick is i want it to b safe and that it doesnt have to delete my whole drive, i have way 2 much stuff on here to get it all deleted!

Thnx in advance, id appreciate the help cuz im mind boggled:confused:

the drive will be formatted when creating a partition because it will have to creat a new file allocation table

Brad

With partition magic, what you can do is resize your current partitions, without loosing data, and then create partitions out of the space created by the resizes.

Good luck.

Yeah, I've used Partition Magic 7.0 on XP Pro several times for all sorts of manipulations (create, resize, delete, merge) and it works wonderfully well. I think its one of the best utilities ever created. :D
I really suggest that u use it, Daviesbad04, especially since you don't want to lose any of your existing data.

What you want to do is what Partition Magic was designed for - non-destructive partitioning.

its under administrative tools :)

lets you rename HDD letters and do other things :)

Quite Useful.

Yes, I know Computer management is an Administrative tool. :)
But that can't be used to create new partitions without destroying existing data ... which was what Daviesbad04 wanted to do ... that's what left me confused. :D

I have used PM7 several times to move and resize my hard drives with no problems what so ever... I would recommend it to anyone.
Just be patient and READ THE INSTRUCTIONS or you might be upset at the results.

Very true ... read the help files carefully before doing anything! :p

Partition Magic is the way to go. Be very careful though. It is powerful & very easy to use but one wrong 'click' & you'll lose everything. Make sure you read the readmes & follow the instructions to the letter.

Thats true, with a few clicks of a mouse there goes a partition and everything on it :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back