Partition/Unpartition

Punkychan

OSNN Addict
See specs
PC A 900 Celeron /256 SDRAM /10Gb HD unpartitioned
PC B 1.1 Celeron /512 SDRAM / 20 Gb HD partitioned 10/5/5

Upon opening an application, the unpartitioned HD opens more faster., is there a reason behind it.,? or because its unpartitioned and drive is smaller ??

errr... can we use those unpartition without partition it? how can we access it?

is it my problem (me outdated) ?? weird... weird... :eek:

He means that he only has one partition.

The reason the first disk is faster is probably alot more on the software side than hardware. It could be what's installed (more gunk => slower disk) or it could be the drive setting, like UDMA setting.

The partitioning shouldn't make a noticeable difference anyway.

Sorry, the 'unpartitined' disk is single partition but I think the Guru is right., the second disk has a lot more softwares installed

I agree with Zedric

I always format every few months to keep things running lean and mean. also make sure both drives are defragged and UDMA settings are correct as that like Zedric said can make differences. Huge sometimes, my motherboards defaul was PIO 4, which was painfully slow!

but i dont think it (in ur case) will make any huge diff... ;)
so better check those recommend by zedric and mevunky lol!

mayb it also bcoz of diff. mobo, program running in background, diff. hd... etc.

a single partition will have a slightly better performance than a partitioned disk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back