partition to fat32 or ntfs?

B

Bretenn

ok... i hav 1gig of ram... two disk in same ide
and i decided to make a partition on the second disk for the pagefile... i set it to 2gig rather than 1.5....!
should i partition it to ntfs or fat32??

doesn't really matter much to tell the truth, as long as you got all the partitions of the same type, either fat32 or ntfs.

cool.gif

NTFS is actually a little slower than FAT32, plus NTFS requires about 12% overhead on the drive so if you are using 75% for the PF and then another 12% now you are up to 87% usage. NTFS's real advantage is its security features so it is really not necesary. I would and do use FAT32 for my PF partition.

so is it better set the pagefile to my second hardidsk (same cable)?
i think i will use fat32 for it...

Use FAT32 for quicker read/write. Page file on drive set as slave is ok but if drive was on it's own ide it would be better.

if drive was on it's own ide it would be better.

...and if it was a RAID 0 configuration it would be even better yet.

It doesn't mean he CAN do it, he may only have 2 IDE channels, one for his cd rom and one for his hdd.

I have a RAID 0 configuration and everything flies...like the wind.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back