partition size

well pardon me for thinking that to partition a drive was to split a single hard disk drive into seperate volumes

Yes, a drive is always partitioned. In one partition are in seperate ones. So a drive without partitions doesn't exists.

Originally posted by sboulema

Yes, a drive is always partitioned. In one partition are in seperate ones. So a drive without partitions doesn't exists.

a drive that does not have at least 1 partition cannot have data recorded on to it but as for not existing i'm not so sure about that

you do not format NTFS on to a drive the NTFS is a partition
you then format that partition or a least that's the way it works for fat32

NTFS stability RULES

Originally posted by catch23
How the hell can you have data on a drive without partitioning it?

He (Goku) has a C: ..and a D: ...each are a hard drive...each formatted NTFS

You are correct.

Originally posted by Goku
I'm using two NTFS partitions and both take all of the respective space of their HDD's.

To those who misunderstood, I meant that I have 2 NTFS partitions on my PC, 1 on each HDD and each partition is the size of the whole drive i.e I do NOT have 2 partitions on 1 HDD.

Understand now?

Originally posted by sboulema
He guys and girls.

I was just wondering how big is your partition where you put your OS on.
I have XP installed on a 3 gig partition and it is constantly nagging about the fact that the partition is full. :mad:

So if know how big you make your patition I can change mine to a proper size.

so your advice would be - don't bother with extended partition just add another HDD ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back