Partition Program

N

Not Bman

Which partitioning program is safe? As in will not delete/erase all my data?

I have Partition Wizard at the moment and was about to do it, but seems like it formats everything....

Favorites?

I've used Acronis Disk Director with no issues. All partition programs warn you to backup as **** can happen.

Can anyone confirm if Partition Wizard is safe? I'd rather not install an extra program for no reason :)

I just used Easus Partition Manager this week on Windows 7 with no problems. Shrunk the boot partition from 465 GB to 120 GB and then created a new partition in the free space.

All partition programs are safe. It is the users who are dangerous :)

Should a partition manager ask to reboot to complete it? Because drive is in use. Is that normal?

Should not take long unless you are trying to move unmovable files...

...if you resize in the area of the MBR your system will no longer boot.

I just use gparted as I can view what may happen before I commit.

Its still at that part, should I hit the reset button?

Can you install an OS on a logical drive? I totally forget.

Can take a while depending on the amount of data needing to be moved in the shrink/merge.

There are no unmovable files when windows isn't running. I'd either go to bed or watch a movie or two.

You should never stop a partition program while in progress unless you have a backup to restore to.

Yeah, never stop a partition program while it i progress, unless it tells you to. You can lose everything.

As for Partition programs, the only one I will use is acronis disk director. Then I haven't used one in a long time, either.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back