Partition on Hard Drive Gone: Reward if you can solve it.

P

psx2000

Ok here is a wierd situation.

I accidently deleted the partition from one of my drives when trying to fix my computer. I didnt format the drive but the partition is gone.

Is there a way i can fix the drives partition and bring it back and keep the info that is on there? Because the info was backup of 3 years of work I had.

the partition is NTFS

I will honestly send 75 dollars to anyones paypal account in return.

Partition magic might be able to do it. I know there is a small program out there that someone posted on this board before that could fix lost partitions providing they have not been overwritten. You might just try a google search or download.com, sorry I can't be more specific but i'm at work and can't search at the moment :(

recover programs

hi,

you can recover your hard disk with TRAMISU or LOST&FOUND programs. Download these programs and follow intructions. Im sure that you can do it.

if you have any problem reply to my e-mail address.

have a nice days

Re: recover programs

Originally posted by XeNeDia
hi,

you can recover your hard disk with TRAMISU or LOST&FOUND programs. Download these programs and follow intructions. Im sure that you can do it.

if you have any problem reply to my e-mail address.

have a nice days

where can i get those programs ?
Also does it restore deleted partitions?

I can help you.

Contact me on a private message.
:cool:

you could try Ranish Partion Manager you can dload it from cnet

A tale for you............

I was working on a companies computer, the thing was a complete mess and needed reinstalling. "Oh dear" they said when I explained what I needed to do, "what about all our files"

I looked at the free hard drive space and they had 10GB free. "No problem, I'll just create another partition, move your files over to it and then wipe C"

I made the partition, moved 75,000 files over :eek: and was just about to type Format C: when...........

Someone said "Can you use a nice Tiny recovery CD to put it back with"

"Yes, no problem" This was the biggest mistake yet !!!

I Inserted the CD, it asked if I was sure, Oh yes I was sure, and then sat and watched as it promptly binned the partitions and the 75000 files. OMG OMG

I can't remember exactly what excuse i made but I got that hard drive out of the building and back home.

I put it in my machine, using partition magic created the same partition as i had before and then used easy recovery pro to get back the files. ALL OF THEM, EVERYONE ONE !!!

Went back as happy as larry and carried on like nothing had happened.

Oh the best bit ? the wife owns the company :D

Oh the things people can do with the right software.
Easy Recovery Pro has saved me a few times, the best was when I installed Linux on a Separate hard drive and it altered the partition table, FAT and ended up almost killing my hard drive.
EZ Recovery Pro was able to get the files, back, but I still had to rename all of the files again. Am still not done.

Never messing with Linux again

Originally posted by gtgarside
Oh the things people can do with the right software.
Easy Recovery Pro has saved me a few times, the best was when I installed Linux on a Separate hard drive and it altered the partition table, FAT and ended up almost killing my hard drive.
EZ Recovery Pro was able to get the files, back, but I still had to rename all of the files again. Am still not done.

Never messing with Linux again

was this full blown version or is it the one you can download for free from www.download.com

Originally posted by Bytes back
A tale for you............

I was working on a companies computer, the thing was a complete mess and needed reinstalling. "Oh dear" they said when I explained what I needed to do, "what about all our files"

I looked at the free hard drive space and they had 10GB free. "No problem, I'll just create another partition, move your files over to it and then wipe C"

I made the partition, moved 75,000 files over :eek: and was just about to type Format C: when...........

Someone said "Can you use a nice Tiny recovery CD to put it back with"

"Yes, no problem" This was the biggest mistake yet !!!

I Inserted the CD, it asked if I was sure, Oh yes I was sure, and then sat and watched as it promptly binned the partitions and the 75000 files. OMG OMG

I can't remember exactly what excuse i made but I got that hard drive out of the building and back home.

I put it in my machine, using partition magic created the same partition as i had before and then used easy recovery pro to get back the files. ALL OF THEM, EVERYONE ONE !!!

Went back as happy as larry and carried on like nothing had happened.

Oh the best bit ? the wife owns the company :D

If possible could you post some of the exact steps you might have used to fix it that way i can try it.

Like with some details.

THANKS ILL GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!

Also was your version of easy recovery full or www.download.com version?

This was with Linux Mandrake 8.1, I got it from the PCPLUS SuperDisc. Not sure if you get that Mag in the US.
It has vast amounts of full software on the cover disc, all legal, they are past and special edition versions.
You can get EZ Recovery Pro from OnTrack, or I am sure if you search the net enough you could prob find the full version out there. My first version I found that way, as I needed it quick to get my pc working but after that I bought a copy, great program.
Might be able to help if you are in the same boat as me.

So basiclly i can do it all with freeware version?

Recover the information off the deleted partition drive?

Can u post the steps in how u do it with easy recovery pro?

ok i used easy recovery pro it made me get all the files i lost and some from years ago that i didnt want.

Problem is i cant use any there like wierd extensions to them and only the jpegs and imgs are ussuable i had backed up my outlook express emails,web urls, and mpegs .. is there any way to reput on the partition so i can look at the drive contents ?

I made 1 big partition btw before i deleted so the drive was just
1 partition for a 20 gig drive any suggestions?

can you give some examples of the extensions
Also did you recover the failed drive to the same drive?

Originally posted by gtgarside
can you give some examples of the extensions
Also did you recover the failed drive to the same drive?

they were .gwb and .cab

no i moved it to a new drive .

Hold everything !!!

In easy recovery pro, there is a program and or script thingymybob that you run to restore all the file names back to long filename conventions.

Read the instructions carefully, its in there :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back