Partition Magic

I have used PM 8.0 and now have two partitions, one active (C) for XP Pro and one (F) for data.

Just what can I transfer to F?

Can I transfer my Documents and settings?
Can I transfer all my programs in the "Program Files DIR?
If so can I transfer the prog file dir all at once or must I do progs separately?

How do I tell "everyone" that all these files are now on F and not C?

Finally I have a problem with PM itself. For a very new program it still believes it is in the dark ages. It will only let me record safety files on a floppy and not any other form of recordable drive. My notebook like many others coming on stream does not have a floppy and I see no need to get one. How can I deceive PM and record the safety files on another type of drive?

So far my only method is to load PM onto wife's laptop (which has a floppy), record safety files onto a floppy, uninstall PM from my wife's laptop (short of hard disk space), copy files from her floppy over the home network to my nbotebook and then burn them to CD.

I had hoped to finish before Christmas so i hope there is a better way.

I know you all love helping out us dimwits so I am thanking you all in advance.

Mubbers

Shoot!
Political User
Wow that's a shock - it WON'T let you record a bootable CDR for your CDRW drive? Crazy!!

As far as transfering stuff goes why don't you just try it. However I tried putting the internet temp files folder on a different drive and although I got most of the stuff over in it some was still spread into the original folders which still remained.

My partitions are C: for OS + all the basic stuff

and F: has games and other software I've put on, seems to work fine.

Mubbers

I have just had an email reply from Powerquest and they tell me that the computer can be booted from Partition Magic 8.0.

That appears to solve that particular problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arrangel