partition magic error #108

sboulema

OSNN Veteran Addict
when i try to launch pm i get an error saying that my partition table is incorrect and gives my an error 108 and quits. when i try to run it from the dos diskettes it shows my complete disk as bad error 108 found. when i run the diagnostic info tool that comes with pm it gives me a lot of errors saying soemthing about cilinders partition tables and parttiton starting at wrong blocks :S i cant do anything with my partitions now :( how can i fix this without formatting or fdisking????

Boot with your Windows XP cd and choose repair in console mode. when in the console type in 'fixmbr' and press enter. Note that this might damage boot-loaders (not the XP bootloader though). Now try again.

nope that didnt do the trick :(

this is the errors partitioninfo gives me:

Error #108: Partition didn't end on cylinder boundary.
ucEndHead expected to be 254, not 44.
Error #109: Partition ends after end of disk.
ucEndCylinder (10011) must be less than 10011.
Error #105: Partition didn't begin on head boundary.
ucBeginHead expected to be 0 or 1, not 46.
Error #109: Partition ends after end of disk.
ucEndCylinder (10011) must be less than 10011.
Error #108: Partition didn't end on cylinder boundary.
ucEndHead expected to be 254, not 74.

hmm i have an idea.
my drive is partitioned in to C: (windows XP) and D: (stuff).
would i work if i made a ghost image of c: then fdisked my c partition then create a new c partition and put the ghost image on that. would that fix the problem i have and that should keep al my winXP settings i guess....

Did you use norton speed disk on your hd and/or did you use diskeeper workstation? I used thoes two on my old hd and it messed them up beyond repair. I als ran chkdisk and it found all types of errors. It said it repaired them, but it didn't.

nope never used those programs. same thing here with the chkdisk, didnt fix it :(

i think the problem is in my second partition and thats th worse thing that could happen cause thats my partition where all my data is on...

When you boot up can you get access to any of the drives?

try other partition managers, partition magic isn't the only one out there.....

I like Acronis Partition Expert...I always turn to it when PM fails me. Don't rely on one program's synopsis of your partitions, get a 'second opinion'

An interesting looking pair of sites, might be of help.

ntfs.com

these two sites seem to be linked

partition recovery

The programme is $30.00 But there is a demo version. It won't have enough function for your needs but you will be able to detect if your data is savable and so you'll know whether or not it is worth buying the product.

Also the sites gives links to M$ resources.

Also found this:

The List

loads of resources there, freeware apparently. Check them out, good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back