Paranoid firewall

S

silent_bob

Do any of u guys run norton firewall 2002?
cos i do and either its seriously paraniod ( i get alerts every 15 mins) or im the worlds most favorite person 2 port scan! so do u guys get loadsa alerts or not??

I run norton and I have high security set since I run servers occasionally and I only get alerts when they are valid, what type of alerts are you getting? and what type of stuff do you set it to pop up a warning for?

I run it. I also get a lot of "alerts". Mostly "Back door / Trojan" stuff. At least one or two a day.

firewall

Dude dont worry i get lots of scans every night, its jsut some LAme ass script kiddys that think they are hardcore Hackers showing off to there inapted friends saying "look at me iam a hacker i can use a trojan to hack into some one heheheh " in a dumb and dumber kinda voice you know what i meen ;)

the most common trojan scanners, like sub7 and deep throat scans are nothign to worry about,

jsut ignore the allerts and let them get on with it, also send in the log fine to your isp's abuse department and thoes that are scanning you will have there acounts desabled :D

SuRgE ....

Yeah i get a loada bakdoor trojans. Was just wonderin if it woz just me or whether u guys were gettin a lota alerts

Yeah. At first it bothered me but, I just realized that it was no big deal. If it was something bad, it was being caught. Buncha punk kids. :p Damn, I must be getting old. :eek:

My appologies to any "punk kids" here. No offence. :D

yeah i thought i was getin hit alot also, guess there are alot of sad peeps wiv nowt better to do than to hit random IP addresses heh, god help anyone wiv a trojan and no firewall!! heh

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back