Parallel port address problems

N

niabi

Hello, my onboard parallel port chip burned out (don't ask me how :D) and i bought a separate controller for it, the card is detected fine the drivers work great, but the address asigned to the port are D000-D02F the printer works fine, the problems comes on an old DOs program i need (and the Drivers to conect the PSX pad tp the parallel port) they don't seem to see that addres as valid, they allways reply as if i had no parallel port, is there a way to change the parallel port address to a standar one? like 0x378, 0x278, etc., because XP seems to own that and i cant change it if i go into Device Manager :(

please any help will be apreciated

TIA

ohh that one, yes i have disable it, but the new one is the one with the wierd address :D

nIabi

I was thinking if you disabled the old one, XP might free that address up and let you assign it somewhere else. That's all I got.

please?

anyone else got any ideas? if i go fro ACPI to Standar PC could i be able to change the I/O address???

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back