Paperless Office (anyone remember)

dave holbon

OSNN Veteran Addict
Maybe it’s me living in a dreamland as only fifteen years ago I was informed that the “paperless office” was just round the corner and that computers (the new micro-chips) would implement this easly. In fact the exact opposite has occurred, there’s more paper in the average office now than anyone can ever read.

Computer “geeks” are still treated with distrust and intolerance. People who have tried to understand the technology or (even worse) actually implemented workplace solutions are almost universally frowned upon almost as a type of heresy. Modern industry is still outsourcing most computer based solutions to particular company based issues as they think that they can’t afford to implement it in-house because they have no experts, I wonder why?

If you polled all directors of all companies (or board members) in all corporations in the Western Hemisphere I’d reckon on less than 1% being computer literate. This does not bode well for the future. This could also apply to all politicians, civil servants and military leaders everywhere. Some can’t even use any sort of word processor because they can’t find out how to switch the computer on in the first place without first phoning home to speak to their children.

Anyway how do you keep your kit so clean and tidy? Mines like a bomb-site even on a good day and yes by the biggest speakers you can. It makes all the difference in out-sourcing your sounds.

I guess they meant the paperless generation is just around the corner, the only things I have on paper, other than old coursework and real books, can fit into a black portfolio.

I'll follow tradition here and reply:-

"Lol" as I don't understand the question.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back