• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Palmino Question

Anakist

Way too much time here...
I bidded on a 2000 Pal before I knew it was a pal. What am I likely to get as an OC on this? As soon as I can, I am buying a TbredB 2200 so OC isn't an issue as yet, I am just curious. I know they are crap, but what are some numbers??

James

Anakist

Hmmm. I think I will run it stock then. It is really hot here during summer, so I think I will leave it.

Thanks.

James

B

Bretenn

Originally posted by Anakist
Hmmm. I think I will run it stock then. It is really hot here during summer, so I think I will leave it.

Thanks.

James
here, everyday that hot!!! errr... !!!

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Originally posted by canadian_divx
1.8ghz but witha volcano 11 heatsink and a tornado fan on it, it still hit 60 and that was my limit
60 ! :eek:

dang... I oc my 1900+ to 1800mhz and my temp is barely over 40C...

just make sure anakist that you have appropriate cooling :)

a good swiftech cooler will pay dividends due to low noise/good cooling...

if you are looking to oc alone... stick with perhaps the t'bred b you are getting... the pally's you have to get lucky with sometimes... though I certainly think 1.8ghz is a very achievable clock :D

Anakist

Bretenn, where are you from? I am in tropical australia, and in a basin like LA, so It get really hot and humid here.

Sazar, I have a millennium 7727 case and it looks pretty good for cooling. I am going to put a fan on one side and ther are two spaces for exhaust fans plus the PSU one. I might cut a hole on the bottom of my PSU and put a small 60mm maybe fan in there.

James

B

Bretenn

Bretenn, where are you from? I am in tropical australia, and in a basin like LA, so It get really hot and humid here.
MALAYSIA.... :D

Taurus

hardware monkey
I might cut a hole on the bottom of my PSU and put a small 60mm maybe fan in there.
just some cooling advise... if you can, put an 80mm or 92mm fan in there. the bigger the better. a bigger fan will move more air and make the same amount of noise as a smaller fan. or the bigger fan can move the same amount of air and make less noise. :)

Anakist

Yeah I am just thinking in general terms at the moment. Found a space in the front for a 120mm intake fan so that will be the first one to go in.

James

but yea if you want a nice cooling with basicaly a stock fan use electrothermic cooling, they are at a good price now in most places and it can put it down to like -6

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies