Painful

C

chronic

Why is the site so painfully slow?

I love the site but I can download a 10MB file faster than I can
access the Homepage...anybody know what's up?

The thought of clicking on a link for another post has become pretty scary.

Something wrong with your connection??
I know of no others that suffer like this!

TOK

Things should be getting better very soon.
/me crosses everything humanly possible. :eek:

the site IS slow (specily on 56k) but it will be fixed:D

Best thing to do when the site slows is go make a cup of coffee and come back later :)
Don't get people hammering the server and raising the load that way ;)

at least the site is hosted in linux. u guys ever seen a php/mysql forum hosted in win 2k server with IIS? it's awful!

Adam, hmm, that depends if the admin knows how to set it up.

and yes, we are having server issues, these issues, however, will be resolved soon.

madmatt, eh, linux is by far the better server, especially when it comes to php and mysql, in my opinion. i am a newb tho, so i suppose one could make it comparable if they knew what they were doing

Glad to see I am not the only one having this slow down problem. Hope you guys can get it fixed soon, I love coming here but it has been terrible slow for me.

I'm on cable and it can take upwards of 60 seconds for a page to load. Sometimes it's faster, sometimes doesn't load at all. This has been going on for the past week or so.

Hope so, coz my brother is saying to me. What sort of crap internet is this, it ain't that fast (I am on ADSL). But then he finds out that it is only XP-erience!

guys, its a free site, they're providing an excellent service here that the owners are paying for. Quit whining and be patient.

if you want it to getbetter faster, then donate money.

Originally posted by Adam S
guys, its a free site, they're providing an excellent service here that the owners are paying for. Quit whining and be patient.

if you want it to getbetter faster, then donate money.
1) I think what's happening here is we are providing feedback, not whining (at least that's my intent)
2) I assure you the operator(s) of the site want this feedback
3) They need to know because in the long run poor response time will result in fewer visitors

True, very true.

We are contributing by pressing on the Crucial banner anyway.

i understand some of you aren't whining. feedback is great. posting, "the site seems slow, it took me X amount of seconds to access" is great feedback.

but, some of the comments are bordering on whining, IMO

I'm on a 28.8 kbps connection... and I find that usually this site loads pretty fast. Sometimes it is really slow though, but usually I'm impressed with the speed.

This ie EP on a good day>

small-spitdummy.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back