pain help :)

Tittles

Dabba Dooba
Political Access
Hey anybody have any ideas beside go to the doctors to help the pain of my shoulder? I took a vicodin but it didnt help and ibu profin but nothin there either. I have a heat pad on it now and if i press it hard on it, it feels good. If it dont get better in the next few days i am gonna have it checked out.

Well...

A) Knock yourself out.
B) Break your leg to take your mind off of the shoulder.
C) Amputation.

This is all I've got since I can't think of anything else!

Look up a good licensed massage therapist. A lot cheaper than a doctor visit and it can do wonders for soreness. I'm lucky that my fiancee's mom is one. :D

~JM

i wont let anybody touch me there right now. I mena holy crap if i push my shoulded in or anything it hurts like oprah smushing my weiner.

A good technique I've found that works is a slight modification of a chakra mediation, find a comfortable chair with a sturdy backing and just sit and relax.

Next take a moment to understand where you’re interpretation of your 'self' is. Is it in your head? In your heart? Why couldn't your 'self' be in your left big toe? Try to see yourself as being centralized in your left big toe.

Next thing is to move yourself to the spot that the pain seems to be coming from, try to feel where the pain is exactly and what is causing it. Visualize your body's mechanisms healing that spot, rushing to the center of your being and revitalizing the damaged tissue, like a golden light bathing the whole arm and travelling to the rest of your body, relaxing it, healing.

Notice your breathing, start to take deep breaths, expand your chest and exhale deeply.

Feeling better?

I hope this helps you; it works will for my aches and pains.

Sounds like torn Rotator Cuff.

tear2.jpg

Get it looked at... Or did ya do somethin dumb ta cause it?

Read this:

http://yourmedicalsource.com/library/rotatorcuff/RCI_symptoms.html

I almost forgot...this technique always works for me when I can't afford a doctor...

Stand in the middle of the room, or outside next to your house.

Next, pause for half a second to think about how much you really, really, really wish your arm didn't hurt anymore.

Then, move yourself at a rapid pace towards the nearest wall. I've found that running at top speed works real well. After you get there, slam your shoulder into the wall with as much force as you can muster. Expect to black out for an hour or so, that's normal. It's just, y'know, your body healing itself and all that.

After you come to, your arm should be all better!

.....or you may need to go to the ER. Either, way, your arm will get fixed, no doubt about it! Hope I helped! :D

~JM

One thing is for certain, if vicodin doesn't do much (dun want to ask where you might have gotten that if not from a doctor...OK could be old prescription), I wouldn't go pumping pain releivers. Over the counter stuff by it's very nature won't be as powerful. Arudis KT (ketoprofin) seems to be a bit more potent then ibuprofin though (from my experience).

In the end, you might be well to see a doctor. Depends how this goes... There might be a real injury there, or it might be a muscle spasm or something. Over the Internet, one can't nessecarily say what the cause is...

Seeing as both gonaads and I have mentioned a torn rotator cuff, I would go see a doctor soon before there is permanant damager.

For Oxycontin damn good...

Or just twist one up.

Could be a torn rotator cuff...

Did someone else mention that?

So what did you do to hurt your shoulder. It could also be a seperated AC joint. About a year ago I layed my bike down and landed on my shoulder. Pushing down on it helped alot but nothing else really worked. I had to go through about 6 weeks of therapy for it. I recommend going to the doctor as well.

muzikool said:
Could be a torn rotator cuff...

Did someone else mention that?

Rotator Cuff... hmmmmm... yeah, yeah, maybe. That's a good possibility. I shoulda thought of that. :D

Ya know, i was kinda wondering if anyone else thinks that it may be rotator cuff related?

Dude, better go to the doctor. I have a friend who walked around for a week with a broken collarbone from a bike accident very similar to yours.

well...today its really hurting. Even if i dont move the arm and i try to get up or somethin it hurts just as much as it did when i crashed. I called my mom at work and she is takin me to the doctor in about 2 hours so i will tell u all what is wrong. But man today it took me 30 min to take a shower and 5 min to put my shirt on its very sad.

use your new sig and the pain will go away in 15 minutes ;)

dlsig.gif

lol...i am just about to takes me a bit to do things.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back