Pagefile not staying put

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hey all

Got this email:

It seems that every time I start the computer up, I get an error message window that pops up and tells me that I have no paging file or it is set too low. No matter how many times I go into the Advanced options and change it or specify a custom value, upon restarting, it continues to display the same message and seems to not apply the changes to the system.

Can any one help me out here? I was hoping I could fix this issue without having to reinstall XP on top of itself (via XP Repair).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Heeter

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
All I can think of is make sure to click on the SET button as otherwise the amount you set (if you just click on OK) will not take affect.

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
I had a problem of this sort a while back, i was told to post a highjack this log and people here fixed it.
I think i had it again as well, but changing the setting worked.

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
I have 768MB RAM (512+256)

It resets itself back to 0 (zero) no matter what I change it's value to. Yes, I click set everytime I change the value and apply changes.

Heeter

Mastershakes

OSNN Veteran Addict
If you have the pagefile on a secondary disk (first, don't tell Perris... ) I think the setting reverts to zero on the primary.

However, I don't think that's your issue.... researching...

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Mastershakes brings up a decent point, how about a screenie of his configuration which would show the drive(s) it's configured to.

Also, see if the change will stick if set in the registry. Start, Run, Regedit...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management

Double-click PagingFiles, the entry should appear as

C:\pagefile.sys xxx xxx

With the first value being location, second being minimum size and third being maximum size. Change the values accordingly, reboot and see what happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut