Packare Bell Computers

paul2-0-0-2

OSNN Senior Addict
wats ur appion on these i have 1 and it's fine just gone a bit slow for some reason lol

the reason i'm asking is cause people have been saying thier **** and the crapest computers to buy

Personally I would never but any sort of 'brand name' computer. Find someone you can trust to put together a combo that outstrips brand names in every way. Components & performance.
My 2c.

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
Personally I would never but any sort of 'brand name' computer. Find someone you can trust to put together a combo that outstrips brand names in every way. Components & performance.
My 2c.

Mine as well

:cool:

lol i at to have 1 from PC-World cause when my Acer died on me after 4 years they gave my mom a voucher for money cause it was insured so they at to and i at to go there to get a new 1 and i got these 1 but people have been saying thier **** and that

I used to be dead set against a "name brand" system. But they way I look at it now is that a "working" computer is a "good" computer :D

"brand name" PC's just put to much unneccessary software on them.

Chandman, I do not mean to pick on your english because chances are that it is your second language. But your posts are very hard to read. I just want to ask if you would take an extra minute to re-read them after you write them to ensure they make sense. This will help everyone. Once again, I am not trying to be mean or anything, just looking out for you. Thanks bud!

lol that's just txt writeing failed a piece of ICT course work cause of that lol

i hate packard bell! they really suck!!! i had one and it was pentium1 233mhz and it sucked!!!! i hat ed it so much, it weighed so much and was shitty :p

lol the worst brand name computers are compaq and gateway, cuz they have no way of upgrading, gateway even rips out the agp ports of their mobo's...imagine:p, i had a Packard Hell for 2.5 years, worked fine for me but it got a little slow when i put XP on it, i overclocked it (AMD K6-2 450 mhz) to 550 mhz by changing jumpers and everything, but i got really sick of it so i bought a new µATX mobo from Aopen and a Celeron 1.3 (now at 1.48) and it works as a sunshine on a summersday:D

Originally posted by G-Lizard86
lol the worst brand name computers are compaq and gateway, cuz they have no way of upgrading, gateway even rips out the agp ports of their mobo's...imagine:p, i had a Packard Hell for 2.5 years, worked fine for me but it got a little slow when i put XP on it, i overclocked it (AMD K6-2 450 mhz) to 550 mhz by changing jumpers and everything, but i got really sick of it so i bought a new µATX mobo from Aopen and a Celeron 1.3 (now at 1.48) and it works as a sunshine on a summersday:D

i have a gateway and there is an agp port on it. i am using it. i have upgraded the grafix card, the ram, hard drives, windows, put a tv card in it, different network card, put a cd burner in it. they are def. upgradeable bud

Brad

well that's not what i've heard, a friend of mine has a celeron 1.2 ghz, all jumpers are ripped out, the agpport also, bios is blocked and it's not possible to upgrade it, the case has somekind of unknown format, ATX doesn't fit, µATX and babyATX also don't fit,
for the rest of it it's almost impossible to upgrade the bloody thing....

Originally posted by G-Lizard86
well that's not what i've heard, a friend of mine has a celeron 1.2 ghz, all jumpers are ripped out, the agpport also, bios is blocked and it's not possible to upgrade it, the case has somekind of unknown format, ATX doesn't fit, µATX and babyATX also don't fit,
for the rest of it it's almost impossible to upgrade the bloody thing....

that must be something new then..... i got mine in 2000

Brad

I saw the title and thought "now this is going to be a good joke". LMAO @ Packare Bell . I thought they were all dead and gone. :):)

Personally, I don't think you nearly as much for your money buying a name system like Dell as opposed to building your own. I'm building a system for my brother at the moment and it's gonna cost him under $300.00 to get a pretty decent AMD 1800+ system. That excludes things like monitor, keyboard, ect. which i will be taking from his old system. If you hunt, you can find components that are not the latest and greatest but still pretty damn good for dirt cheap. I would NEVER buy a name system unless they were practically giving it away.

I have been building computer for the past year and one half, mostly for friends and family, and like you said Clean Rich: doesn't cost more than $500, (everything) a pretty decent machine where you can play the latest games and may last more than a name brand one, but I sure miss my Packare Bell ( Our First computer we never forget!!! :eek:)) (Hey! that's a good thread isn't????)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back