PA ppl need some advice

Maveric169

The Voices Talk to Me
I have just been offered a new job in Horsham PA, but I know nothing out PA. If any members live arround that area could you pass on some info as to good places to live. My main concerns are crime in the area and cost of housing (apartment).

Thanks

what part of the state is it in? Im' a westerner, and the cost of living here is SO LOW. One of the lowest in the country. I usually tell people that the cold kinda sucks, but.. ehh, you are from greenbay, so I will just say "It's WARM here". I don't know much about the eastern side, over by philly, but the pittsburgh area can be nice.

Maveric169 said:
Hey, What does this little red button do? :confused:
It brings up the really annoying interactive pages on sky digital

Horsham is nice place. I live 5 mins away from Horsham in Warminster. It is both an upper middle class and working class area. Not to many bad areas. Just some areas that are not the best places. Now the big question, since youre from WI. Are you an Eagles fan or a Packers fan. More info to follow... depending on your answer. muahahaha :D

Don't know anything about PA, just wanted to say "congrats" on the job offer. :)

Maveric169 said:
I have just been offered a new job in Horsham PA, but I know nothing out PA. If any members live arround that area could you pass on some info as to good places to live. My main concerns are crime in the area and cost of housing (apartment).

Thanks
Congrats on the job... What kind of job is it ??

Thanks for the info PK, I will have to look you up when I get out there, maybe you can show me arround:) But I am sorry to say I am neither a packer fan or an Eagles fan..lol Cowboys!!! (well at least about 5 years ago anyway)

My new job is a telecommunications Engineer but is directed to the provisioning, analyst, project manager side of things. So it should be interesting as I have mainly been on the other side (the technician side) of the equasion.

Maveric169 said:
But I am sorry to say I am neither a packer fan or an Eagles fan..lol Cowboys!!! (well at least about 5 years ago anyway)

A Cowboys fan? Man, are you moving to the wrong part of the country.
:D

Hope you have life insurance. :p

oh he has nothing to worry about. we dont consider dallas a threat anymore. :D

:) Well I am finally here in Horsham, PA. Well actually I have been here since Tues. but this has been the first chance I have really had to get on the boards. Horsham seems like a pretty nice place, still trying to learn my way arround, and re-adjusting to the heavy traffic again.

Just thought I would update my post. I might get brave and try to goto the car show in Philly next weekend for something to do. So if any locals are going let me know, maybe we could all go together. God knows I don't know my way arround......lol

I wish you were from down south or something so I could say "Welcome to PA, hope you like the weather" but... well, greenbay... yeah...

Hope the new house and all works out well Maverick169, that was always the thing that made moving easier, if you liked the house, and settled into that well then you were more likely to settle into the place and with the people.

Haha,
Thats weird dude, I work in Horsham as well as a telecommunications engineer (techie), only i work in Horsham in the UK.

But the really weird thing is that im leaving my Job too to work in a pre-sales role, still with telecomms too.

Small world.

LMAO, What a small world it is indeed TheBlueRaja! Well I am not actually "moved" to PA, I am on a contract job for at least 4-6 weeks with the possibility of going permanent. I am filling in for a person that is going in to have surgery next week. So I am living in an ExtendedStay Hotel, well at least till my savings runs out :( , hopefully I will be able to hold out till I get my first paycheck on the 15th:rolleyes: .

But I found the basic's while getting myself lost, lol, a grocery store, gas station, a mall, and a car wash.:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back