P4 CPUs!

2Shy

Hey campers

Im upgrading my p4 1.5 soon and i was looking at the 2.5mhz or the 2.6mhz, the 2.5 is coming in at £165 and the 2.6 is coming in at £205 both are sealed boxed retailed, is there going to be much difference in performance overall between £40?

cheers

~2Shy

100 MHz ... I seriously doubt you would notice a performance difference :)

Some curiosity for me.
Do those cpu's come with a fan or just the cpu? What's in the box?

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
Some curiosity for me.
Do those cpu's come with a fan or just the cpu? What's in the box?

It depends. If you purchase the retail boxed version you will get a fan and heat sink. If you opt for the OEM version you will get only the CPU.

Originally posted by 2Shy
Hey campers

Im upgrading my p4 1.5 soon and i was looking at the 2.5mhz or the 2.6mhz, the 2.5 is coming in at £165 and the 2.6 is coming in at £205 both are sealed boxed retailed, is there going to be much difference in performance overall between £40?

cheers

~2Shy

100 MHz difference between the two of them (as stated earlier). What is important is that both the 2.5 and 2.6 are of the C1 core stepping (both overclock nicely) so the bottom line is you can save a few bucks/pounds with the 2.5 and take it to 2.6 effortlessly.

do a little research, see which one would give you more for your money. read reviews. check how they o/c :)

your machine being a 1.5 P4 might not have the right socket for the fast C1 stepping P4s... make sure you get the correct pinout for your motherboard.

Or you could do the math...

2.5 / 2.4 = 4% improvement in performance.

205 / 165 = 24% cost increase.

Duh! Who would want to make that kind of return on investment?

hey

i have a GigaByte 8PE667 so it can take anything up to a 3.06 HT

Just asked if there was anything else than the 100mhz difference between the two of them and money really isnt an issue just 2.8+ gets a wee bit silly

Someone that has money to kill Leejend? Duh numpty

Cheers for yer comments i'll stick with the 2.5

~2Shy

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back