P4 and Ti500 Performance is poo, HELP

H

Hadel

I have a Pentium 2.0a and a Geforce Ti500, but my score in 3D mark is only 400 above the score I got for my Pentium 1000 with geforce 2 mx card. All my games can run smooth with no problems at the highest settings, i.e. MOHAA and GTA III, but as soon as I go and run a benchmark the comparison to others is not good, to put it lightly. I dont have anti anilising on, the resolution on my desktop is the same as the program, I have my agp set to 4X, I don't expect to be the best as I won't overclock, but surely I should be beating people with P1000 and lower standard cards. Any help would be appreciated.

And, you care why?

oh yeh, by the way have you reinstalled windows after you got the new G-force.
if not that may be the broblem.

Its no problem really but I thought maybe I was missing out on doing something others seem to find as average. I have done a fresh XP since upgrading to a p4 and ti500, my score was 6285 but there are loads who have scores in excess of 1000, 1300 being about as high as you can get. So you can see why I would think my pc is underachieving.

Its funny you should ask that, my motherboard used to be a via, but with this new motherboard I have sis 645, with via I know u have the 4 in 1 drivers, but is there something comparative to the 4in 1 that apply to the sis 645 chips?

And I have tried 8 different drivers for the ti500

It seems I am doomed, doomed I tells ya !

I found that my chipset had indeed been updated however there was no increase in performance, keep the suggestions coming, with enough info this may be the only thread I've seen with no overclocking or upgrading involved to improve performance.

If the card is the bottleneck then, how is it others are getting better performance and higher scores, with the same Ti500 card?

sis chipset is not as good for performance as the via... make sure you are comparing equivalent rigs with sis chipsets... not via...

drivers and also your bios settings may be the thing...

make sure you have agp 4x enabled if you can or at least 2x and make sure your bios settings allow you to use your system to its optimum capacity..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back