P4 3.2 Prescott , problem with speed.-Advice

colinm1

OSNN Junior Addict
Need some some help pls

I have just upgraded my system from Pentium 4 1.8 Ghz to Pentium 4 3.2Ghz 1mb Cache 800mhz FSB

Problem is Windows System Information shows processor as being rated at 2.8Ghz.
Also when checked with Si Soft Sandra it shows that it is recognized as a P4 3.2Ghz but states that processor speed is 2.8Ghz.

Have checked the bios where again it is recognized as P4 3.2 with 1mb Cache 800FSB but states that it's frequency is only 2.8Ghz.

Is this normal? or have I done something wrong in setup?.Is this CPU under performing for some reason?

Bios configuration is set to default.

I would be very grateful for any advice on this matter.

Sys. Specs:

Asus P4P800E Deluxe Mobo
Pentium P4 3.2Ghz 1mb Cache 800FSB
1Gb of Dual DDR 400 Ram (PC3200)
NVidia FX 5900 XT 128Mb Graphices Card
1x Maxtor 80Gb 7200 Hard Drive
1x IBM Deskstar 60GB Hard Drive
Windows XP Pro/Corporate O/S

Thanks

Thanks for your reply, will carry out your advice and report back.

Appreciate your help.

I had the same problem with my board and processor. I have the 3.4ghz 775 processor, but it was only detected at 2.8ghz. I had to update the bios on my Soltek board in order for it to be detected. After that. It's listed at 3.4 and works great.

I have the latest bios posted by ASUS (1019.005) but unfortunately still the same.

Does anyone know if there is a later version somewhere?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back