• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

P4 2.4 temps

tibboh

Arte et Marte
Just built my new beastie:

Abit BE7 (845PE) DDR333
P4 2.4 PC533 "Northwood"

Have not installed O/S yet, just run it up to check BIOS & temps. Im sure the temps are ok - just need a bit of reasurance from you chaps.

(without case fan)
CPU temp 45 deg C
system temp 40deg C

with case fan)
CPU temp 40 deg C
system temp 30 deg C

As the case fan is too noisey for the wife to bear, are temps "normal" for this CPU to run at 45 deg? (obviously higher than my old P3 & AMD 950). The manual does say temp warning is default at 75 deg C, so am I just being too finicky?

J

jumpy

Those temps seem fine. You've got nothing to worry about, Abit boards have been known to report temps 5-10C higher than they really are anyway. Now time to overclock :D

Also all of us with SFF Pcs have to put up with our Cpu`s running hotter.

My Intel 2.4b runs at 45 (idle) - 58 (Games) in a SS51G case and has been rock solid since day 1 ..7 months ago.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix