P4 2.4 temps

tibboh

Arte et Marte
Just built my new beastie:

Abit BE7 (845PE) DDR333
P4 2.4 PC533 "Northwood"

Have not installed O/S yet, just run it up to check BIOS & temps. Im sure the temps are ok - just need a bit of reasurance from you chaps.

(without case fan)
CPU temp 45 deg C
system temp 40deg C

with case fan)
CPU temp 40 deg C
system temp 30 deg C

As the case fan is too noisey for the wife to bear, are temps "normal" for this CPU to run at 45 deg? (obviously higher than my old P3 & AMD 950). The manual does say temp warning is default at 75 deg C, so am I just being too finicky?

Sounds ok to me. Mine runs at 41C idle. It reports system as 42C though which seems pretty wrong to me...

Those temps seem fine. You've got nothing to worry about, Abit boards have been known to report temps 5-10C higher than they really are anyway. Now time to overclock :D

Mine runs around 43C idle, 45C on a full load. Yours is fine.

Also all of us with SFF Pcs have to put up with our Cpu`s running hotter.

My Intel 2.4b runs at 45 (idle) - 58 (Games) in a SS51G case and has been rock solid since day 1 ..7 months ago.

Safe temps. What is the ambient temperature (that plays a significant factor if you air cool).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back