P4 2.4 motherboard Question

L

lilsnoop40

hi, i was looking for a new motherboard for my p4 2.4ghz that will support the fastest DDR memory and that has RAID features. can someone please give me some suggestions please. thanks

Asus P4T533 supports rambus memory, which is faster... basically the best p4 motherboard you can buy.

but if you still want ddr, then something like the Abit BE7-RAID.

You might want to go with DDR, the future of RAMBUS is looking very bad.

And the new DDR400 Memory is just as fast as Rambus.

I'd suggest any of the 845PE motherboards, just make sure that you get at least some DDR400 memory if you want to overclock your CPU. I just bought an Asus P4PE motherboard (RAID, S-ATA, GibaBit LAN, 6.1 audio, Firewire, USB 2.0) to replace my 3 week old Asus P4B-533 (barebones) motherboard.

Originally posted by Luna64
You might want to go with DDR, the future of RAMBUS is looking very bad.

And the new DDR400 Memory is just as fast as Rambus.
pc3200 (ddr400) has the same bandwidth as pc800 rambus... but pc1066 rambus is even faster. not to mention the kt400 chipset is still in it's infancy and the kt333 (pc2700) is faster in most cases.

and the future of a certain type of memory isn't a factor to me... it's not like it will stop working at some point. if/when you'll be upgrading your mobo, you'll get newer, faster memory anyway.

Right now i am running a p4 2.4mhz with 1.0gb of Rambus PC800. and i am using a ASUS P4T533-C motherboard. i have the lastest updated bios version 1007. i really have no idea what else to do. i changed my virtual memory to "0" this is located when you right click my computer, click properties i am currently have this freezing problem with my pc.. the longer it is on, say a day or 2 it will freeze. i don't have any idea what it could be. i have tried everything to fix this. from uplugged things one by one until it stopped but no luck, i tried removing 512mb of the ram and no luck. i figured if i would replace the board and memory the problem would go away. i have a 431watt power supply, 4 fans inside the cause, i have tried disconnecting the 4 fans, formatted this drive about 30 times and i did a clean install of the os windows xp pro with sp1, updated all the intel chipset drivers for the 850E, go all the latest updates and i have no idea what would be cause this pc to lock up the locker it is on. i figured if i just started to replace the products maybe the problem would go away. even tried email intel explainning my problem and all they said was just get the newest chipset drivers and application accelerators and it should be ok, tried that an still no luck. so i was hoping that someone here could give me some ideas. i also noticed that while it was on for that day and a half that the memory usage was up to some rediculous number like using 712mb of ram out of 1024. and i didn't have anything open really. so any ideas please? thanks

how do you rate this board against that new ASUS P4PE board?

" Albatron, a new kid on the block "

Actually, Albatron have been around for a while now.

i was wondering how this board would rank up against that new ASUS P4PE board?

Albatron in its lifetime has just produced their second series of boards. In comparison with the others, Albatron was placed third. Thats not so bad. Pricing wise, Albatron is less expensive. Its value for money. I will soon be setting up this Albatron 845PE board with 2.4Ghz CPU. I support both Intel as well as AMD., together with nVidia and ATI.:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back