P3 Overclocking Help

C

Cyber_Trooper

Hey ppl, i was wondering how much u think i could o.c my cpu, any ideas on how to get it to go past 1ghz??

I overclockin my p3 933 the other day and the most i could get it to go up to was 980 mhz using EasyTune III which was supplied on the motherboard's installation cd. I'm using a Socket 370 Gigabyte GA-6VXE7+ motherboard. EasyTune goes from 933mhz straight to 980mhz then straight to 1080 mhz or something close to that. I tried changing the jumpers on the mobo to set it for a 1ghz cpu but i got an error screen saying:

"IRQ NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

After this i changed back to 980mhz and everything seemed ok, does anyone know what i could do o'c my p3 to 1 ghz??

Thanks in advance :)

You probably need to increase your cpu voltage. Do so in smallest increment possible. Also, if sucessful monitor temp:D

if i rember the P3 were multiplyer locked you can only increase the FSB for it to overclock any way

also those were not very overclockable, they were getting close to the hightest that the coppermine core could handle

i don't rember how on a P3

all the 933 that i saw only overclocked to 1 gig and that was one in an 1000

Yeah, i was increasing the fsb, i got it to 140mhz, the next step was 150 but it couldnt take it :(

I tried SoftFSB but i didnt see that it supported my motherboard.

I did see that on overclockers.com's cpu database the average overclock for people with my cpu achieved 1ghz. Ah well, gotta upgrade ;)

and fsb speed of 140 to 150 is too big of a jump. you can't simply go into the bios and make it 143 or whatever you want? is it an hp or compaq or sum'm?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back