• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

P2P applications

P

paul_43

I used Napster, old version of morpheus.. they are great.. fast download speed. ( I know Napster is not peer 2 peer ). But now.. I tried Kazaa, XoloX, morpheus ... and some other p2p softwares.. and if I am lucky enough to find a file I am after... it will only download at < 1kb per second... I have a LAN... is that the reason that it's downloading at this speed?? it doesn't seem like working well with LAN... any solutions?? or it is slow for everyone?? I don't have firewall on and I have cable connection.

chastity

Staff member
Political User
well I think that problem is related to the type of protocol they use. I would suggest winmx if u really into p2p stuff. as I've heard its about the best

T

Timeo27

Yeah, WinMX is the best p2p, especially for music. I've tried pretty much everything and I came back to WinMX.

I have essentially the same config as you, and have never had any problems like you're describing, though I never did get very good speeds on kazaa or xolox.

My suggestion: Give WinMX a try and see if there's a problem there too.

P

paul_43

I tried WinMx last night... same.. and it said it can't recieve TCP package... but should work ok.... it said.. slow anyway.. whole night couldn't download a song... that's how slow it was...

P

paul_43

I miss the old Morpheus and Napster... they worked great.. there may be a problem with my config on the network... but not sure what... any idea?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grovo_test