OWA Root Certificate issues

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Not sure if this is in the right place... this feels like it is, but if it isn't mod please just move it. :)

Strange issue that I am trying to work past. There are two sites that I use to access Outlook Web Access, both for Exchange 2003. I've imported the certificate automatically... but it still always asks me. Same goes for Trusted Publishers, as well as the Trusted Root Certificate Authority... but it still always asks me if I want to continue when I go to the website.

What am I doing wrong? Is it possible that there is something wrong with the certificate itself, and if so how can I fix it (I also work on the systems). I don't know anything about certificates, so if someone could help me with here to go to even start with that for when users access the OWA that'd be great... maybe it'd help me understand a bit more as to what's going on. Maybe I can even knock out two birds with one stone on this one...

Thanks!

Do not import using automatic placement. Make sure you select which store you want the certificate to import into. Verify that it is within that store after you complete the import.

You only need to import the root certificate and any certificate in the chain, but there is no need to import the server certificate.

I think I have figured it out. The problem I was having was when I was trying to install the certificate, instead of doing the cert at the root of the tree, I was doing one of the sub-root... certificate... thingies. I double clicked on the root certificate this time and installed that, it appears it has worked.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back