Overclocking Soyo KT400 Dragon Ultra Black Edition

Brad

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
I have this board and an AMD Athlon XP 2400+. does anyone know how i would go about OCing?

you could start by going into your bios, "soyo combo feature" menu, and upping your "cpu frequency mode" to, say, 150mhz and change your "cpu to pci divider" to 5. save this and try it for a while and see if it's stable and watch your temps.

if after some testing/game-playing all is good, then go back and add some "frequency 1mhz stepping" to bring it to like, 158mhz. try that for a while. basically, just see how high you and your computer feel comfortable with.

the cpu to pci divider was locked as well as the 1 mhz stepping

Rumor (Sazar actually) has it that AMD started locking multipliers on recent builds.

The XP 2000 TBred I have appears locked also. I overclocked by 5% using the FSB but to go higher than that you need to adjust the FSB-PCI multiplier which my MB does not support.

how do i change the fsb

Read the manual? Its different for every BIOS/Board.

-JJB

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back