Overclocking question

[X]

Slayer[x] riding again...
Despite my temps, what do you think is preventing me from changing my fsb?
Heres a zip file with screen shots from cpu-z.

Attachments

• Screenies.zip
    316.5 KB · Views: 37
Juzus,
Where to start -

1) Up the CPU voltage,
2) Drop the CAS timings on your memory,
3) DECREACE the multiplier, INCREACE the FSB

For starters, and why have you disabled Side Band Addressing and only running at 4x AGP?

TheBlueRaja said:
For starters, and why have you disabled Side Band Addressing and only running at 4x AGP?
his mx440se probably doesn't support agp4x. no loss anyway--4x is fine.

X, are you saying you can't increase your fsb at all? like 135 won't work?

Yes.
Anything higher than 133 makes my system crash. (BSOD)
Very weird.

Questions:
How do i up the voltage??
How do i drop the cas timings??
How do i decrease the multiplier??

[X] said:
Yes.
Anything higher than 133 makes my system crash. (BSOD)
Very weird.

Questions:
How do i up the voltage??
How do i drop the cas timings??
How do i decrease the multiplier??
i don't think any of those would help your situation. you have something in your bios or maybe just with your board that prevents a fsb change. any board should be able to go 1 or 2mhz above stock.

:confused: dunno.

Well, it can run @ 1.67 ghz at a stable rate.
FSB is at 134...
Hehe...
What could be the problem??
(Currently it's at 1.66 ghz) stock speed...

well your board isn't made by the best of comapnies. overclockers and enthusiasts wouldn't even consider ECS. but we should be able to get a little bit out of it.

first off, make sure your memory's running synchronous to your fsb. in other words, 266mhz, equivalent to pc2100. synchronous is almost always better anyway.

next, disable some options in the bios. namely advanved pci and agp functions like fast writes, agp master 1 ws write, agp master ws read, and pci 1/2 master 0 ws write. these were listed in your manual so you should have them.

then while in your bios, turn off all ports and devices you don't use. includes, game port, parallel port, serial ports, firewire, modem, sound, floppy controller, etc. a lot of these devices run off the pci bus so any one of them could be limiting it.

try that for now and see if you can get any further.

BSOD is a windows function which means the system is booting. So you can set to higher FSB. Also the chipset is the VIA KT333 and it's a newer mainboard so I don't expect that to be the problem.

When exactly is the system crashing?
During Boot? (MB, RAM, or processor can't handle the higher FSB)
Windows splash screen? (peripheral hardware)
Once the desktop is up? (possibly video)
When you start launching applications? (video or thermal)
After you've run a while? (Thermal problem)

First suspect would be that video card. The FSB is probably locked to the AGP clock. ECS stuff is ok for simple desktop systems, but it is not intended for overclocking so the features are not there (like independently setting, ram, pci, agp and fsb speeds). The AGP slot speed did not show up in your screen shots.

Thanks taurus, i'll test it.

LeeJend, it crashes before booting up. (NTOSKRNL, The windows boot up)

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back