overclocking question

G

garanzia

i have celeron cpu with 950MHz. I just overclock it to 1007MHz following to : Bus -> 106MHz
Pci -> 35.33Mhz
ram-> 141.33Mhz

[Asus PC Probe 2]
My Board temp : 41 c
my cpu temp : 35 c

The Question --> It is safe to do this??.

garanzia, depends how good your RAM is, ie is it rated to run up to 150MHz, i run my ram at the same as clock speed, see my sig
is that temp at full load?
my cpu is 35c idle and 44c at full load
i think that should be fine, as long as the cpu temp doesn't go too high

by the way garanzia, this should be in the overclocking section of the forum, please move it mr or mrs moderator

You sure you are reading those temps right? It is very unusual to see a board temp higher than the CPU temp. If your board or case temp is that high I think you need some more case fans.

it is normal temp for my board. although i overclock to 1286 it is still 44 c to 45c and cpu temp is around 35 c

my spec:
ASUS TUV4X r1003
Intel Celeron 950MHz
512 MB Kingston 133MHz
riva tnt2 m64 32mb
40GB IBM DTLA
1 52X cdrom
1 ricoh 8832 cdrw
1 sony 16X dvdrom
Sound Blaster Live 5.1
aztech 56k modem
Promise Ultra 133Mhz IDE Controller
intel network card

it is normal temp for my board. although i overclock to 1286 it is still 44 c to 45c and cpu temp is around 35 c

my spec:
ASUS TUV4X r1005
Intel Celeron 950MHz
512 MB Kingston 133MHz
riva tnt2 m64 32mb
40GB IBM DTLA
1 52X cdrom
1 ricoh 8832 cdrw
1 sony 16X dvdrom
Sound Blaster Live 5.1
aztech 56k modem
Promise Ultra 133Mhz IDE Controller
intel network card

haha... if you overclock higher and your board temp goes up but your cpu temp stays the same... they must be switched. trust me, your cpu is at 41° and board is at 35°.

cpu temp could never be lower than board temp anyway.

I agree. CPU is running at 41, and board is at 35. Kind of hard to imagine it the otherway around. Would be cool though :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back