M

me_man

how do i do it?
its a pentium D
x300 SE vid. card
1GB ram

i jus wanna overclock my processor if i can i think its a duel-core
and if i can how do i do it?

You can't overclock Dell computers/processors. Dell locks down the bios.

To be honest mate, o/c'ing would do little to your performance. Spending £200 on a decent PCI-express graphics card would send your performance through the roof (with games anyway, which I assume is what you're looking to increase the performance of).

New video card: case closed...

Seriously though, your video card could be replaced and your machine would be that much better. I overclock my processors all of the time, but if you don't have the hardware to support it, your overclock won't be at all noticeable.

i need a new video card? (ShepsCrook) the x300 wat it came with, is a 128mb AGP i also hav a 9200 256mb AGP (older one). wick 1 wuld b better to use with this?
also r u sayin i can overclock my cpu w/the proper hardware?
and wat wuld b the proper hareware?
more ram?
better cpu?
or wat?

How much money do you want to spend?

To give you an idea: I just purchased the X1800 XT (512MB) for a customer, cost $350.00.

X1800 XT !?!?!?!?
BADDA** VIDEO CARD THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
naaa id just rather find out wich 1 of mine wuld b betta 4 this system?
and find wat upgrading i wuld hav to do as far as overclocking this 9100
ShepsCrook said wit the right hardware
or if i need better hardware i jus wanna learn how to overclock this or if i can?
u said i culdnt but he said w/the right hardware

You CAN'T overclock the CPU on that computer. You can, however, upgrade the video card. The X1800 and X1900 series are compatible with Your Dimension 9100.

X1800 XT !?!?!?!?
BADDA** VIDEO CARD THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
naaa id just rather find out wich 1 of mine wuld b betta 4 this system?
and find wat upgrading i wuld hav to do as far as overclocking this 9100
ShepsCrook said wit the right hardware
or if i need better hardware i jus wanna learn how to overclock this or if i can?
u said i culdnt but he said w/the right hardware
If you are thinking about replacing your video card at this time, you may also want to consider getting a card with a bare minimum of 256MB of dedicated RAM to allocate for smooth functionality when Vista comes out. Also make sure the card supports Direct X 10 or above.

If you can't afford to upgrade a video card, you can't afford to be overclocking.

money wasnt an issue in this topic
i was just getting some help
dreamliner77

another question
isnt an agp video card better then a pci video card?
comparing a 512mb pci card and a 512mb agp card?

AGP is a dead technology and is being phased out by Motherboard manufacturers.

If you are investing in a video card, and have the slots to support it, go with PCIx (PCI Express)

how do i know if i have a PCIx slot
i know i have 3 -4 pci slots 1 AGP slot and 1 it looks like a small version of a AGP slot<dark brown like the agp ones>

According to the specs on a Dimension 9100 you should have a PCIx1 and a PCIx16 slot, one of each.

Again, going by listed specs, there should not be any AGP slots in your machine.

The two I listed above, plus 3 legacy PCI slots.

yous right my bad
under device manager it said it was in pci slot 10
it looks like a agp slot though

Dimension 9100/9150 series has the above specs listed and does NOT have an AGP slot.

Your X300 SE card is in fact PCIe.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back