Overclocking a GeForce 2 Ti

G

Gouk

Can you recommend the BEST overclocking and tweaking utility for a LEADTEK WINFAST GEFORCE 2 Ti?

Also whats the default clock speed setting on a GF 2 Ti and what can I overclock it to?

The GFX card itself has a fan and heatsink on it (it came with it).

Thx for any help :)

go to this link
it will dload the program it is off of xp-erience.org

http://www.xp-erience.org/download.php?op=getit&lid=206

then go into the properties (from desktop)>settings>advanced>GeForce Ti>additional properties>clock frequencies
change them about 5 at a time...(higher)...start with the memory first...restart and test the settings using 3d mark 2k1 or somethin of that sort at

www.madonion.com

keep trying till u see the picture coming messed up...and the go down from there in increments of 1

I dont really wanna damage my card so I need someone to tell me the recommended overclock settings for the CORE/MEMORY of a GF 2 Ti.

Thx :)

Just move both up a little bit, bench it.... if it runs smooth w/ no glitches or artifacts..... move it up..... bench it.... if it runs smooth w/ no glitches or artifacts .... move it up .... ad nauseum. :)

If it glitches, locks or shows artifacts, move it down a notch, and bench again....

Every (EVERY!) card is different and due to quality control some can handle higher speeds than others.... there is no perscription for overclocking.

Find YOUR sweet spot....

PS It'll glitch or lockup long before it fries.

Coolbits as shown in the previous thread works well, but offers a finite range of adjustment. www.entechtaiwan.com has Powerstrip which offers a wider range of adjustment. I use coolbits and run my gf3 ti 200 at 220/500. What you can run the card at varies so much, that trial and error is the only way. Me and my friend bought same card side by side and mine runs faster. Luck of the batch so buy 6 test each, and return 5...hehehehe

Is the cooling of the GFX card sufficient for stable overclocking i.e it has the stock fan and heatsink it came with.

Yes the stock HSF is fine for average o'cing of a vid card. Should have front case and rear case fan below power supply to maintain good airflow. The quiet 3000 rpm jobs are fine.

look at the memory chips on your video card. they'll have a series of letters/numbers on them... and the last couple pof these is the speed of the memory in nanoseconds (ns).

for a gf2 ti, i'd imagine they'd be about 4ns, so you should see something like DFR5432I53-4 or -4.5 or something...

take the number 2000... divide it by the speed (ns number) and you'll get the speed in mhz you can clock the memory to safely.

for instance, 4ns memory will let you go to 500mhz (2000/4=500). some memory can go higher than it's designed, so try to slowly push them higher.

I got Leadtek Winfast GF2 Ti 64MB 4ns DDR (VX Model). Haven't u got Winfox? I use that, it came with my Ti... it's primo.

Defaults for mine are 225/400, I'd guess your are close if not the same
Runs sweet as on 250/505 on standard cooling, no artifacts. Then again I have my agp voltage at 1.7. :D

Use this to test for artifacts: http://www.majorgeeks.com/getfile.php?file=201&site=2

Originally posted by Antallica
I got Leadtek Winfast GF2 Ti 64MB 4ns DDR (VX Model). Haven't u got Winfox? I use that, it came with my Ti... it's primo.

Runs sweet as on 250/505 on standard cooling, no artifacts. Then again I have my agp voltage at 1.7. :D

Use this to test for artifacts: http://www.majorgeeks.com/getfile.php?file=201&site=2

Just incase you dont have the latest WinFox and installed the one from the CD here is the link to the latest version :)

LeadTek WinFox 2.0

Thanks for your help :) I tottaly forgot about the LeadTek utility :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Antallica

wat let u up the agp voltage?

I have a Gainward GF2 Ti, I am using the EXPERTool to OC to 251/451, those are the enhanced mode settings. The safe mode are 250/400

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back