overclockin Athlon 1400

P

PHESS

Hi

who knows how far I can overclock my Athlon 1400 with ASUS motherboard A7V266 so that the system runs stable?

:confused:

Each processor is a little different...

check out overclockers.com's cpu database for what others have done...

I have the 1600+ with and Asus A7V266-E and realized after much research that overclocking can only be done with the 1800+ and above unless you have the ability to laser cut processors. The L4 cache is different and wont allow you to overclock with out making different laser cuts on the processor. PM me if you have any more questions

BlueFlagEnforcer.gif

bluecap.gif

I'm interested, Post it here...

What are you cutting with a laser?!?

The 1.4 may be locked, But I believe the new motherboards are bypassing this somehow... The Aopen board I bought my father got his locked 1.2g T-Bird to 1485 right out the box...

The MSI Kt7 Turbo2 I have let me OC a locked 750 Duron up to 910mhz, I got tired of playing with it...

I don't think unlocking the processors are neccesary... And then there's always the FSB...

Doh!

I did'nt relize they were so different... Which brings us to...

What kind of 1.4ghz Athlon does PHESS have?!?

I was guessing the XP due to his motherboard being the A7V266.
He also said 1400 not 1.4Ghz so im going with the XP. So what do you have? I'm running Asus A7V266-E, 512DDR, 64MB DDR GeForce 2 Ti,20GB WesternDigital 7200rpm HD, Soundblaster Live 5.1, WinME & WinXP

It may say its running high out of the box however if the L1 cache isnt unlocked in the right fasion its really only running at locked speeds. You must have cooling, unlocked L1, and proper voltage.

I have Thunderbird k7 c 1.4ghz. And I don't think I could overclock it. It's already at 57c with Silverado cooler and opened tower. I will by a second chasis fan and see what happens. Due to my motherboard I could overclock it up to 3ghz. Though I think he would explode. Thanx fo replys!

lol 3ghz would need submersive gel to keep it cool...lol It can be done I have a Volcano 7 on my system. Check out www.Tomshardware.com to find out how. I have learned to never give up...then it exploded..j/k

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back